Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with me????

What's with me????

I've been having these really hard crying bouts the past few days. I'll be turning 55 in two weeks and I have a feeling it's deja vu of when I turned 30. I sat in my apartment for 3 days in my pj's and cried like a baby.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Time to adjust the anti-depressants? Is that possible?

But Donna, 55 will be cool! I love double-the-same-digit birthdays! And you can play that old '80s song
    (She can't drive) 55!

Hmm, time at least for a good mug of hot chocolate, and writing down your blessings as you sip.
    I've Been Frosted

My anti-depressants have already been adjusted. I go see my nurse practitioner tomorrow and will see what he says.

Alot of times when I get like this, I pray. I go to church and sit in the peace and quiet. Unfortunately, MY church is locked during the day because of vandals, which is sad. So, I guess I can pray just about anywhere and God'll hear me.

"I Can't Drive 55" by Huey Lewis(?) is one of my favorite songs.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Crying is good for the soul... Lets hope it washes away all the unhappiness in your life and gives you a good clean start!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It's by Sammy Hagar, I think. I hope you can get out of the blues. Snuggle up with Moo and the other kitties; that should help!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Smokey the Elder,

You're right!! Sammy Hagar. I liked him better than David Lee Roth!!

I called my childhood church and they are open daily from 7 am to 5 pm. So I'll probably go there. I've always loved that church and crying IS therapeutic. I always feel better when I go there, light a candle and pray my heart out.

Could it be menopause/hormonal related?
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

KitCat,

I've been going through memopause for the past 8 years since my hysterectomy, so I don't think so. It has more to do with my severe clinical depression and all the a-holes I have to deal with at work.

Crying isn't necessarily bad; it's cleansing, unless it becomes debilitating. I doubt that it's age related. I say let 'er rip unless you find yourself crying every day. "This too shall pass". Lots of good vibes going your way......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

There may be quite a few reasons why you're feeling down but don't forget to H.A.L.T. and check if you are:
    hungry
    angry
    lonely
    tired

as these things can certainly add to feeling down.
    I think your plan to go to a childhood church that you're fond of is a great idea and praying is always good. I seem to do most of my praying while driving to work. :0) It's just a routine I have and it makes me feel like I'm starting the day out right.

Don't forget the awesome power of bananas! I know how silly that sounds but they really truly help raise the level of natural seratonin in our bodies and that lifts the spirit. And drinking lots of water is important too because dehydration can make a person feel lousy. And, once you actually feel thirsty, they say you're already dehyrated.
    And vitamin D. Taking up to 1,000 units per day helps provide our bodies with a vitamin that we normally get from the sunshine that is in short supply this time of year. It helps keep your mood even and taken on a regular basis can really make a difference. You could ask your doc about all this to see if it would be a good idea.
    I hope you feel better soon!!!

just wanted to say i have you on my mind and heart today, Moosmom
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

((((((((Donna))))))))))

I'm sorry you're feeling so down and "out of sorts" lately. While crying IS good for cleansing, being in dispare/depressed isn't. Do you go to a "talk doctor" or a therapist, Donna? That can help A LOT, its what keeps me emotionally well. If your insurance doesn't cover it, or if you prefer a religious counsel (like I do), call your church to see if they offer counseling services. Usually they do, at free of charge or for a donation.

I've found this is by far the BEST counseling I've recieved as it aligns with my beliefs and like church, calms the soul.

Hugs to you, my friend.

Love, Kelly & Kits

P.S. Oh!!! "Kitty Kat Kounseling/Therapy" also works AMAZINGLY well. Try that too.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Just my .02 cents worth here, but:

55 is JUST a number - NOT how you feel !!

Just get out and have some fun!! Don't worry about what people think of you - do what you want ,when you want.

My uncle is a GM of a large car dealership, and his private motto is:

There is a seat for EVERY a-hole.

Think about it!!

Don't worry about the little stuff!! Enjoy your life and @#$^$ everyone else!!

Hope I didn't offend anyone, but I think Donna need a realitay check here!! A positive one!!!

And...........Happy Birthday Donna!!! Don't sweat it!! We all love you, so who cares about everyone else??!!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

You're 27 1/2 twice!

HUGS Donna!

When you see your NP, see about having your thyroid and cortisol levels checked. They can go out of whack after a hyst/in menopause.

Hope you find a nice quieter classy job, like the Hallmark place you mentioned in your other thread.

You've also had some real hurt and stress in the past few weeks and on the holidays...that could easily be part of it.

HUGS again
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I went to my doctor yesterday and he's changed my meds. I had been on Celexa for over 2 years and it's just stopped working. I'm now going to be on Cymbalta. I've also asked that he order bloodwork to check my thyroid. So, that's what's going on with me. I'll let you know what the verdict is.