Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has an outdoor cat run?

Our outdoor cat run is the entire (tiny) backyard, fenced in by PurrFect Fence. It is without question the BEST thing I have done for my kitties and worth every penny. I installed a cat door in one of the windows facing the back yard, so they can come and go as they please, even when we're not home. (Not now in the winter in Wisconsin when it's 20 below though - too much of a draft). Here's a link to the PurrFect Fence website where you can read my testimonial (in the Northern region, the "Tom and Shari from Wisconsin" one.)

Truthfully, my husband was against spending the money and was full of negative possibilities, but I whined and complained for 2 years until he told me to shut up and just get it already. The kitties have NEVER escaped, either above, below, or through, and the best part is that it keeps other neighborhood creatures out of the yard, greatly reducing the chance of fleas, fights, or diseases. (The squirrels are the only ones who can still get in, via the trees, but they stay FAR away from the kitties.)
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 02-04-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: errors
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen

In one of the pics you can see some lawn chairs.
    My husband and I like to have coffee and 'cat watch'.

Your version of KAT TV, huh?

Is that Pay per View or free?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Your version of KAT TV, huh?

Is that Pay per View or free?

It does cost but just a mere handful of Greenies cat treats and a spoonful of Fancy Feast per cat per show. That's all they demand at this point but we're hoping they don't start a union. Could spiral out of control with demands of private trailers to prepare in before they 'go on stage', body doubles for extreme stunts, strikes if they decide they want to upgrade to real tuna etc.. etc...