Thread: Pittie in Need

Pittie in Need

I have a friend of mine that may need to rehome her precious boy. He is 15 mo old. Un Neutered, and VERY large! But a total sweetie! If you know anyone that is looking for a Pittie.. Or would be interested yourself.. PM me.. and ask whatever questions.

He would need a home ASAP!

he is Located in St.Petersburg Florida

No one have any ideas?

Re-homing a 15 month old unneutered pit bull is exceedingly difficult. My first suggestion would be that your friend get her dog neutered and updated with vaccinations first. Then have her contact a rescue to help her. Quite a few rescues will help with rehoming as long as the owner is willing to commit to doing everything they can to help find their dog a new home.

What we do is require the dog/cat to be neutered and up to date with vaccinations prior to our helping the family re-home their pet. We also send an animal behaviorist to their house to do a formal assessment. While we do the assessment, we talk to them about possible alternatives to re-homing. Many times it is just a matter of pointing them in the right direction to solve any behavior problems. If they are still committed to re-homing we will list the dog for them, screen applicants, do home visits, etc. Any adoption fee (we suggest a minimum of $50) is donated to our organization for the work we do.

Most shelters are full of adult pits and pit mixes and it is the unfortunate circumstance that most pits and pit mixes do not make it out of the shelter system alive (generally less than 15% nationwide). So you might want to talk to your friend and give her/him a good dose of reality - a commitment to an animal is very serious and not something that should be taken lightly.

JMHO

Search Petfinder for Pittie Rescues in your state.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I have been Looking for DAYS for a Rescue, most are full have have No place for him. She just got him maybe a month ago. She was planning on Neutering him. And he has his shots already from the previous owner.

A little background. My neighbor had him first.. had him since he was 6 mo old. But the guys work scheduale started getting busy,and was out for Days at a time. So he decided he needed to do what was best for him and Rehome him. So, My friend took him in. .. GLADLY! She and her Fiance LOVE this dog more then anything. She is VERY Hurt that she may have to rehome him.
    But, She is moving in with her Sister.. Paid a Deposit,and pet fee.. and Her sister doesn't want the dog there anymore. :-/ And my friend can't afford to pay Deposits anywhere else. Her Sister's Son Ran by him when he was sleeping.. and Was Screaming. *Which the dog is VERY afraid of yelling*.. And he Jumped up and barked at the kid. He got startled. But her Sister thinks he was gonna eat the kid or something. :-/ So, the only way she can keep him there is if she locks him up when my friend isn't home with him. She doesn't wanna do that.. Cause that is what he had to go through in the previous home.

Having met Sir I will certainly say he is a sweetheart. I don't see a mean bone in that dog's body. He's 100% puppy and I can see how he'd be easily startled. Heck, Mufasa jumps up & barks if he's startled... don't see him harming/eating anyone anytime soon.

I'm still hoping it works out for Sir and your friend, but if it doesn't hopefully we can find something else, and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse26

She and her Fiance LOVE this dog more then anything.
    She is VERY Hurt that she may have to rehome him.

She is moving in with her Sister ... Paid a Deposit, and pet fee ...
    and Her sister doesn't want the dog there anymore.

Her Sister's Son Ran by him when he was sleeping ... and Was Screaming.
    (Dog) Jumped up and barked at the kid ...
    She had to PAY a Deposit AND Pet Fee to her own SISTER? <Eee-yiipes!>

Maybe they ought to try Training the KID!

Or get married and find their own place!

it is a sticky situation. She lived in a Apt with her Fiance .. But, wanted better for Sir. *The dog* And Decided to try to find a house with a Yard. Well, she cant afford the Rent on her own.. So, her sister said She wanted to get a new place too, so they are Renting a New place together. :-/ It is in her Sisters Name. But My friend Paid half the Deposits, and the Pet deposit. And the landlord as it is .. thinks he is only there on a Part time Basis from what I got out of her last msg to me. :-( And the Boy is 14! Ugh.. She has tried to convince her sister it was a accadent, and he wouldn't hurt a fly. But, her sister has a 4 yr old.. and my friend is Due in a few months.. So, her sister is Flipping out! Ugh. If it was a small dog, I am sure the kid woulda been Bite. *No offense to people with small dogs* But they tend to have a lower tolerance.

You can try contacting Eric, he runs http://www.spbr.org/index.html
    He might know someone who can foster in Florida.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse26
    If it was a small dog, I am sure the kid woulda been Bite. *No offense to people with small dogs* But they tend to have a lower tolerance.
    If someone startled reggie like that, she would probably just stan there and bark. She would not hurt a fly, literally. Pugs are generally just lap dogs with a voice!