Thread: OMG we are adding t our family YAHOO

OMG we are adding t our family YAHOO

so i was looking in the local paper and we found:

1 teddy bear hamster, with cage and all the accessories

1 gerbil with cage and all accessories

1 red eared slider with cage and ALL required accessories>>>

I swear i am a good person and i love pets i do i do.. my mother thinks i need counseling LMAO , because to date we have:

4 Red eared sliders
    3 dwarf hamsters
    2 ADF's and 3 other fish
    4 goldfish
    1 YBS
    1 lovebird
    2 finches
    and 2 pups, GSD/lab mix and a whippett lab mix

then, if the people that have the ads do respond we will have

1 more RES
    1 gerbil
    1 teddy bear hamster

OMG, am i crazy, hopeless, or just in love with pets???

the way i see it, i am getting pets that are easy to maintain.. unlike dogs and cats which depend on us 24/7/365 for food water, walking and potty breaks... but the rest of the pets can be easier to care for, their cages only needed cleaning about 1 per week, and feed daily as well as water..

so, please tell me I AM NOT CRAZY?!?! please those of you that have numerous pets, please tell me that they are more of a thereputic need and good for your soul... is there really such thing as too many pets???

anyways, thought i would share..

thanks for listening to me.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

You know what's missing on your list? Bunnies!!!
    Andrea, mom of Gustav, Libby, Kimo & Luzie + Mike, Moki & Moehrchen behind the RBB

Please visit us on Bunspace.com

So long as you can provide proper care for them get all you want. You would know if you have a problem with getting animals.

I have a lot of animals, and I can provide for food, vet, housing needs, but I do have a problem. I have a personality disorder and I know I always am looking for animals to fill the void where other humans should be. Fortunately right now I'm caring for all of mother's animals as well as my own, so I'm a bit too overwhelmed to get any more. I always make sure the current animals are well provided for before considering another, and I always sleep on it at least a day if not more (unless it shows up at the doorstep like the cat, but that's not me looking for the animal).
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

There is definitely a thing as too many pets. Most definitely. It all depends on what kind of person you are and your income. Exotic vet bills are insanely high, usually. I would know. :]

Also, the ads say "all accessories", but are they the proper accessories? You might have to spend more money just getting their enclosures up to par.

Like said above, you would know if you are getting in over your head or not.

Good luck.

Yes all the supplies probably aren't the right supplies. For exampel I bet that 'teddy bear hamster' actually called a syrian hamster is in a tiny crittertrail/habitrail cage when it deserves something like a 20 gallon long or 2-3 habitrail/crittertrail cages. Just be prepared to buy new supplies and such. And becareful is any of them was in improper care then they may be sick/injured and need vet care.

I think as long as you have the time and money then you are alright. Many of my friends think I have too many pets and they believe that I spoil them when although they are fairlyspoiled it is mostly just me giving them the proper care they deserve. C=

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats