Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Out Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!

Moving Out Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!

What Would You Ladies Do If You Have To Move Out Your House Because The Landlord Don't Want You Living There Because You Have Cats??? Would You Give Up Your Cats?? Or Would You Find A Another Home To Live With Them Forever???????
    Last edited by catlover32648; 01-28-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    I love my cats sooo much!!.

That's a no brainer! I would move, even if I had to live in a shack!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'd definitely move out. Every home I've ever had since I was 18 has been chosen so it's suitable for my animals. They're my family.
    Hope you are able to find a wonderful new home. Who knows, maybe it will be 10 times better than your current place. Here's hoping!

My pets are my children, so I'd make sure I could live somewhere that they could be with me.
    Did you not have them when you moved in? Why all of the sudden are they kicking you out? Did you sign a contract of some kind regarding pets?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Is this a hypothetical question or are you being forced out of your home?

If it's just hypothetical, I'd move, and get a letter of recommendation from the landlord. He already knows I have cats and has no problem with it (although last he knew I only had 5) and knows we take good care of the house and the cats.

If it's a real situation then I'd check your lease to see if it forbid owning cats in the first place. If it doesn't say either way or does allow cats, then I'd pursue that with him with a landlord tenant lawyer. If it does then you are out of luck.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I HAVE been in this situation... I moved, cats came as well!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

If they don't want my cats, I don't want them. I would be GONE.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Would you move and leave your children behind??????? I rest my case. My cats ARE my family and wherever I go THEY go. PERIOD.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I would move out to another place as soon as possible!! And I would make myself very sure that this new landlord is accepting pets: I would put it on the lease!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I would always take my childern with me. I love them to death.

I MOVED INTO THE FOUND CAT HOTEL, BECUAE I WANTED THE CTAS, THEN ONLY SCRAPPY, MICHAEL AND MY PRINCESS TO HAVE A HOUSE. BUT ALO THE SUPER SAID THAT THE BUILDING MIGHT ASK ME TO GET RID OF THE CATS, BECAUSE THEY COULD CHARGEA NEW TENNANT MORE MONEY FOR THE PARTMENT, AN EXTRA 2 %.
    I ACTUALLY AM GRATEFUL BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME THE INCENTIVE TO BUY A HOME, AND I WAS ABLE TOO HELP SO MANY PORCH CATS, AND TAKE IN ALL MY FOUND CAT COMPANIONS.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

See the problem with me is that i dont work, im only 17 i live with my parents.. but my parents been living in that apartment for already 21 years, and I got my cats last year 2006 going to 07.. the owner used to see them because he lives downstairs,from me but never said nothing. So in jan 2008 he gives my mom a leash saying no pets?????????? can he do that???????????????? I didnt know he could do that... So now he wants me to take my cats out.. and i raised them i do not want to put them in a shelter nor give them awayy i rather live in the streets with if worst came to worst lol... but I am not giving them away.. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO LADIESS?? TO AVOID HIM ?? OR TAKE HIM TO COURT??? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPP

Unfortunately, landlords can say "no pets" or "limited number of pets".
    You can offer to pay extra for the pets (pet deposit) to pay for any damages etc that may occur. He can take YOU to court for not following the rules. Kinda of hard to avoid someone that lives downstairs from you.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

OO WOW.. so then what do I do?? I don't want to give them awayy..

I don't know much about the tenant/landlord law, but if he saw that you had cats last year and said nothing and it wasn't mentioned at all in the lease, "No Animals", then I don't see how he can all of a sudden, turn around and change the lease for this year. BUT, if it was stated in your lease "No Animals allowed", then unfortunately you have no case. What do your parents say about this?

Good luck and I wish you all the best.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010