Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah~Strut Your Mutt~May 31st, 2008

Utah~Strut Your Mutt~May 31st, 2008

I just received the annoucement of the date for this years Strut Your Mutt in my e-mail, so I figured I'd make a thread while I'm thinking about it.

It's a great event, I've been going every year since 2003. This year will be on Saturday, May 31st. That means those at the Findlay Memorial Day meeting have about a week to get themselves here. Just kidding!

Oh and I will actually make it there on time, for the strut, I promise. Last year was the first time I missed that! And I won't spend all day with the pet psychics lol. If enough people come we can register for a Dog Pack. They don't have a page up on the Utah Pets website about it yet, and you can't register yet, I'll update this thread when those are available. Here's the page from last year's strut...it has some info about the general activities, where it's held, etc. http://www.utahpets.org/strut.html

Here's pics from the past couple of years (the older threads with pics from previous years don't work because of imagestation closing)
    2007 http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ght=strut+mutt
    2006 http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ght=strut+mutt

I'll be there!....

....in my dreams. =,( It looked like you guys had so much fun last year! Jealous.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

OMG i so live in utah and did NOT know we had one of these ... so i will bookmark the site and round up my pups for this event!! we gotta get more of the PT memebers who live in Utah to s this as well.
    1 lab/GSD mix pup, Thunder
    1 lab whippet mix, Cinni
    the Flock: Lovebird,peppermint; 2 finches, Lilo & stitch
    The Aquatics: 4 Red eared sliders, Mikey, Ralphie, SPunky, Baby "T". YBS, Capt Jack Sparrow, 4 Goldfish, Golden,AJ, BJ, Silver Scrappy Doo. 2 ADF;s, BigButt & Kermie. 2 Tertra's UK. 1 new GF scooby doo.
    The little furBabies: 2 dwarf hamsters, Snow,Cinderella.
    RIP Little Jasmine Dwarf Hamster. 2/20/2008
    Wife to: Jeremy, 34
    Mother to: 13 yr old son, Brady
    MTB: a boy and girl TBD on names

Frankie and I had a great time last year and it's on the calendar again this year.

Yay, I'm glad both of you will be coming!! Bckrazy I wish you could come!

I just wanted to add that if anyone doesn't want to pay the $25 donation for the Strut you're welcome to meet us in the park after for lunch or something too.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be traveling in May. My cousin's wedding is on the 19th and I HAVE to be there because I'm the photographer.

Have fun and take a lot of photos!

Ya know, one of these years I will be able to go! lol..I was really hoping to go last year, that didn't work out though..and I will be really busy in May so I won't be able to make it this year either. Darn

I wish you both could come! Good luck with the wedding photography, Kay!

Sydney, there's supposed to be another event coming up in August, maybe then? Where in Arizona do you live? My sister just moved to Phoenix, I'm sure I'll end up going down there with my parents sometime.

Anyone else?

Registration is open now, at this website http://www.utahpets.org/strut.html

I'll start a dog pack when I register.
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 05-07-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I wish you both could come! Good luck with the wedding photography, Kay!

Sydney, there's supposed to be another event coming up in August, maybe then? Where in Arizona do you live? My sister just moved to Phoenix, I'm sure I'll end up going down there with my parents sometime.

August might just work. No promises now, but that would be great!! and I am in the Phoenix/Glendale area

Well when I find out when/what that event is I'll definitely let you know. Also my sister lives in the same area so if I go down there I'll let you know as well.

I just registered for Strut Your Mutt. Here is my fundraising page, when I get a chance I'll add photos/text http://www.active.com/donate/sym08/NeboKeva2008 I just wanted to let anyone know that may be coming that there's a couple of new things. If you register with a Dog Pack (Choose Pet Talk Pack ) you'll get $5 off the registration. Also, if you register before May 13th you'll get a magnetic frame, plus *everyone* who registers this year will receive a free SYM t-shirt (previously you had to reach a certain level of donations to get a shirt).

I'd love to go, but of course, I have to work.

My sister went last year with Pet Samaritan, a shelter from Vernal.

One of these days I'll make it.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

That's too bad I'd love to meet you sometime. I know how hard it is to get a Saturday off in the grooming business though. Maybe next year!

Good luck at this years event - I hope they raise lots & lots of money this year.
    (sent in a donation to help the cause) Have fun!
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 05-24-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Exclamation If you can ... It's a good cause ...

Amy could use a lil more Pet Talk HELP with the fundraising ...

We're a lil short of the goal right now.

Please visit >>>
    http://www.active.com/donate/sym08/NeboKeva2008

and Donate whatever you can.

THANKS for your HELP!!
    (The Critters Thank You, too!)