Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *Memorial Day Weekend *BASH* @ Findlay, OHIO Bark Park ~ *SUNDAY* MAY 25, 2008 ~

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Yuck, you're kidding, right?
    Absolutely not! I was raised in Rhode Island, and clams and the juice are what I miss the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    Absolutely not! I was raised in Rhode Island, and clams and the juice are what I miss the most.
    Wow... I didn't know that people really drank it!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    Wow... I didn't know that people really drank it!

Only REAL New Englanders, I guess! I have drank it in the past, mixed with tomato juice it's pretty yummy. Now, with my allergies, I have to be careful about certain categories of food, so I haven't had clams in a while.

I'll make Grace drool:

As a kid, we had a big pot of steamed clams and the big family gathering every July 4th. There was a small pan of butter melting on the fire in the outdoor fireplace, and because my eldest cousin would get a reaction if she actually shelled her own clams, and there were others whose fingers were a bit too arthritic, I'd sit and open a pile of clams for them, and just put the clams in a bowl of the melted butter and hand it, and a fork, over. And at the end, I ate some myself!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Only REAL New Englanders, I guess! I have drank it in the past, mixed with tomato juice it's pretty yummy. Now, with my allergies, I have to be careful about certain categories of food, so I haven't had clams in a while.

I'll make Grace drool:

As a kid, we had a big pot of steamed clams and the big family gathering every July 4th. There was a small pan of butter melting on the fire in the outdoor fireplace, and because my eldest cousin would get a reaction if she actually shelled her own clams, and there were others whose fingers were a bit too arthritic, I'd sit and open a pile of clams for them, and just put the clams in a bowl of the melted butter and hand it, and a fork, over. And at the end, I ate some myself!

Yup , you got me going with that.

We also did clambakes when I was a kid. Wonderful memories you have brought back. About 10 years ago, on one of our visits to my brother, he took us to a clambake at the Squantum Club in East Providence. Poor Douglas (my husband), he really isn't into that much seafood in one spot, so he mostly had chowder and saltines.

Last fall, I stayed with my brother while attending a reunion. He had a very large container of Little Necks in the refrigerator for me.

Talk about Nirvana . . . . . . .

Grace, you have a shuckin' "implement of destruction" right? I can keep a bucket o' clams cold in the freezer box in my car I believe... and no Phred... they will be nowhere near a grill that will be cooking up burgers and dogs etc.
    ~ at least I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by lbaker
    Grace, you have a shuckin' "implement of destruction" right? I can keep a bucket o' clams cold in the freezer box in my car I believe... and no Phred... they will be nowhere near a grill that will be cooking up burgers and dogs etc.
    I sure do have that implement. I would think clams in a bucket would make it just fine, thank you very much. And for certain, don't let them anywhere near Phred.

Findlay, Ohio - here I come . . . . . .

I sure do have that implement. I would think clams in a bucket would make it just fine, thank you very much. And for certain, don't let them anywhere near Phred.

Findlay, Ohio - here I come . . . . . .
    I'm sure he'll steer clear as I think he thinks they are contagious!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I love me some Clam Chowder!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

You were? I'm here in RI now, moved from Findlay last year....and yum yum, clams are cool! I made a big pot of clam chowder the other day with fresh clams. My mom was from Fall River & we did clambakes at our summer family reunions, too - clams are great simmered up with Cherese(sp) (Portugese spicy sausage), oh, heavenly! My favorites were those delicious clams in butter Karen's talking about.

Of course a bucket o'clams would make it - ya gotta soak em in clean water anyways to get the sand out. Ever have clam fights, where you run around with a clam & squirt the juice at each other?

It's nice to be back east in the land o' clams!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    You were? I'm here in RI now, moved from Findlay last year....and yum yum, clams are cool! I made a big pot of clam chowder the other day with fresh clams. My mom was from Fall River & we did clambakes at our summer family reunions, too - clams are great simmered up with Cherese(sp) (Portugese spicy sausage), oh, heavenly! My favorites were those delicious clams in butter Karen's talking about.

Of course a bucket o'clams would make it - ya gotta soak em in clean water anyways to get the sand out. Ever have clam fights, where you run around with a clam & squirt the juice at each other?

It's nice to be back east in the land o' clams!
    I was born in Providence, and lived in Warwick until I went to school. Graduated from R.I. Hospital School of Nursing - it's now closed. Then after a couple of years away, I lived in Middletown, on Aquidneck Avenue, for another 2 years. Moved to Michigan where I've been ever since. My brother is across the bay in East Greenwich.

Then after a couple of years away, I lived in Middletown, on Aquidneck Avenue, for another 2 years.
    That's our new home town - we live near the Navy Base, we've got great view of Narragansett Bay from my upstairs windows!
    I hope you do make it to the Findlay pic-nic, they are a lot of fun. Always good to see our PT buddies there. I hope I can get back for one sometime.

Question This can't be a True Tail ... CAN it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes

Ever have clam fights,
    where you run around with a clam & squirt the juice at each other?

I can see the headline in the Findlay Paper >>>

Rowdy Out of Towne PT Group Evicted from Riverbend Park ...

Sheriff reports "Everybody *STUNK* after the big Klam Fight!"

OH MY GOODNESS!! The visual on this is just too funny The Sheriff with all of our "Depewty Dawgs" herding us up
    ~ at least I'm not...

Oh Cinder & Smoke - that's just too funny!!!!

Three more weeks of work then I'm on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!!!

I've got my list and checking it twice
    For all good things tasty and nice!
    The car is checked for fluid and oil
    Cooler in the back so food won't spoil!

Quote Originally Posted by klamjuz
    Oh Cinder & Smoke - that's just too funny!!!!

The car is checked for fluid and oil
    Cooler in the back so food won't spoil!
    driving then huh?!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..