Thread: Jingle Belle's Chin ... it's turning black?

Jingle Belle's Chin ... it's turning black?

Here is a closeup of her chin:

And a further away view:

I don't know what's causing this. It was fine until a few days ago. I actually just noticed it today. Any suggestions?

She goes to the vet on Monday to be spayed, so I can ask them. But you guys have all the best hands on real life experience!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

From here it looks like a new fur colour!

Could be a bit of acne.

Try wringing out a washcloth in fairly warm water (to open pores with), and hold it against the area (other hand gently on top of her head). After half a minute or so, gently 'scrub' with the cloth.

See if that helps.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes I agree that it looks like feline acne to me too. What kind of bowls do you use to feed your cats? If you're using plastic ones then thats most likely the cause. You should use stainless steel or ceramic bowls because you can clean them much better than the plastic ones.

My cats Sunny,Pearl,Sky,and now Ziggy have small breakouts from time to time and I use a warm washcloth to help remove the blackheads and then I put some hydrogen peroxide on it. You can do this 2 times a day and hopefully it'll go away in a few days to a week. Sunny also tends to break out when he becomes stressed out.

I now use stainless steel dishes for water and food but Pearl and Sky like to eat off of plastic place mats. I've also heard that cats with white chins are more likely to get this. It's probably just more noticeable on them. Good luck.

Funny thing about my kitties - even though they are all different colors, each of the 3 has a white chin (even my Scooter Bug has a tiny white chin spot) LOL.

I had some bowls that were plastic. I tossed those and bought ceramic yesterday. Hopefully that will help!

I'll also try the warm compress.

Thanks for the help.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

It's funny that cats and dogs can get acne just like people. Another trick - regular oxy-pads or other anti-acne cleaning wipe, just like people. I have a second set of dishes that I swap out, so while one set is in the dishwasher once a week, they have a clean set. I also wipe out the dishes daily.