Thread: 10 of the Vick dogs

10 of the Vick dogs

Now that the gag order has been lifted, the Vick dogs can go public - so to speak. There are 10 at BAD RAP in San Francisco. There are 3 videos on the website, showing the evaluation, transport and telling how some of them are doing now.

HERE is the link.

On Monday, Best Friends will be talking about the 22 that are at their sanctuary in Utah.

A friend of mine sent me that, I watched it awhile ago. It made me cry. I loved Johnny Justice, they all seem to be doing wonderful. Bless Bad Rap and all the other people that have worked so hard saving these dogs.

*edit to add*

Here is a site that tells about the dogs also. You can see Johnny Justice with his foster dad.
    http://dogtime.com/

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Wow that is fabulous! This is the first update that I've heard of since they were taken from Vicks home. I'm really happy their doing great. I would love to adopt a dog from Bad Rap someday. They seem like such a wonderful rescue group and work so hard for the Bully breeds.

I am so happy these dogs are now properly being taken care of and loved.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Seeing those dogs having a chance at a real life brings such joy to my heart. Thanks for these links so we could all see the updates.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit

Here is a site that tells about the dogs also. You can see Johnny Justice with his foster dad.
    http://dogtime.com/
    Thank you so much for this link. The videos are amazing!!

This is the first step to justice! I am SO happy this is happening. I don't watch Animal Cops Detroit for the sole reason that they euth all pit bulls, regardless of where they are seized from.

My dad says they should just keep adopting out pit bulls as "Vick's dogs" so that everyone thinks they have one, until many more deserving pits find homes.

This also makes me hate peta even more. They called for imediate euth on all the dogs. grr.

Niņo & Eliza

Someone emailed me this picture. Thought I'd share it.

[IMG]

I saw some of the dogs on the CBS weekend news. National Geographic channel is doing a piece about them. They get along with humans but they still don't get along with other dogs, so they have to be kept separated from each other. The dogs are being taught to be family members, so they get lots of people time, playing and hugs. The staff are hoping to start working with the dogs on getting along with other dogs. If they don't get adopted, they will stay where they are.

Edited to say: k9Karen is right and I'm wrong. Now that I think about it -it WAS the NBC news and not CBS. [I want to say Lester Holt introduced the piece. He's from Chicago where he was on channel 2 (CBS), but on the national news he is on NBC.] K9Karen, you are exactly right. With the young man giving the dog a hug and telling the dog he wouldn't let anything happen to him.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-11-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I saw some of the dogs on the CBS weekend news. National Geographic channel is doing a piece about them. They get along with humans but they still don't get along with other dogs, so they have to be kept separated from each other. The dogs are being taught to be family members, so they get lots of people time, playing and hugs. The staff are hoping to start working with the dogs on getting along with other dogs. If they don't get adopted, they will stay where they are.
    N>G is doing the piece at Dogtown at Best Friends, right?? I think I caught a glimpse of a preview.. aman in a cage with one of the pitties, was getting kissed and the guy was saying "I love you..it's OK..I won't let anything happen to you". Definitely a LES moment

I've been Boooo'd!