Thread: *UPDATE* Possible Home for Pumpkin!! Taking A Road Trip Sat. To Save Another Cat!

*UPDATE* Possible Home for Pumpkin!! Taking A Road Trip Sat. To Save Another Cat!

Well here I go again....off on some crazy adventure hoping to make a difference with a very supportive husband how did I get this lucky.

Well I was on one of my yahoo groups (our on friend who lost her baby kitten (Merlin is searching for a new kitten so I was searching around and came across this sad story)

Someone please help... My neighbor wanted a cat so bad and took the first one she found a very tiny skinny cat who just gave birth (maybe a year old). The cat is not fixed. So she went into heat the people through her out the door (no she didn't get preganant) Then took her back in. Now they can't afford litter or cat food So they threw the litter box out the back window (onto a roof that leads to the yard) and put the cat outside with it. The guy said I never wanted a cat I hate the damn cat the girl said she is just sick of it. I can not take this cat in because of my dog..he'll eat it. The poor cat is outside in the cold meowing at the window and they won't help it. I have one floor and my kids won't leave doors closet to lock it in the bathroom or somewhere. Please help me find her e temp. home or permanent. She is very small skinny unspayed the most lovable cat ever loves everyone. She is a calico or torti color. She's black and orange. PLEASE HELP I don't want her to freeze.

So of course I e-mailed her and here's what she had to say:

I live in south park PA. She is not much older than 1 years old if that. I would have to find her outside. She is sooo friendly and runs up to everyone she sees. She is sooo small and thin adn when I let her in for a little while she ate a huge bowl of cat food but then my dog seen her and tried to eat her I had to put her back outside
    sherry

So now after talking with my husband about this, we are going to South Park to go pick up this kitten/cat and take her home with us and get her checked out at the vets on Monday evening.

I'm going to attach some photos of her. She looks like a real doll. I also got this e-mail from Sherry:

I did get her she is locked in a back apartment in the bathroom. I have someone moving into that apartment tomorrow. I am going to call him and see if needed if he doesn't mind if the cat stays there till sunday. I only have my phone so I will try and get a couple good pictures but can't promise anything
    sherry

Here's some pictuyres they are bad ones. I'm not choking her but I wanted to get a close up of her face. Which that one is the best picture.

Well I'm going to be giving Sherry at call tonight to tell her when I should roughly show up and then we'll be off on a road trip tomorrow.

Tonight I have to get the bathroom all cleaned up for her and grab another litter box.

She looks like such a sweetie.

Ta ta for now,
    Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpikin 003.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	38385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpikin 004.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	38386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpikin 005.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	38387  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 01-28-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Poor thing. I hope those people rot for what they've done to this little angel. Thank you SO much for reaching out to her. You and your hubby are also angels
    Claudia

Sweet little girl! Get her away from there as soon as possible! Thank you so much for doing this! I think I need to wear my I Hate People button again.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you so much for taking in this baby. A huge blessing being prayed for you and yours. No kindness goes unnoticed.

She is so lovely! How could they do that to her and treat her so badly? I said a prayer that you have a safe trip and that you get her back home and she gets the life she deserves..

Bless you for helping this lovely girl!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm so glad that you're able to save her from these horrible people. I hope that everything will go well and that when she's checked out by the vet that she gets a clean bill of health. She sure is a cutie pie. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Well Pumpkin is here (that's the cat's name) and I've posted up on some websites that she is up for adoption but I will be requesting a small adoption fee (which I will in then turn give to a non-profit causes) and I will also be doing an adoption application and references too.

She is super friendly not too skinny but could use to gain a few pounds.

She seems to be shaking her head and I think I said earlier in my e-mail she has a vet appointment Monday evening to be vet checked and FIV/FELV combo tested.

Please pray she isn't. Well I'll post some pictures once I get some taken.

Thanks for you prays for a safe trip it was a tad crazy but we got through it just fine.

Melissa

Bless you for rescuing this poor, sweet girl. What is WRONG with people?! Why didn't they at last turn her in to the Humane Assn. so she'd have a warm, safe place to live with food and water? At least that would be better than leaving the poor baby outside for crying out loud!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank You, Michelle!!!

What a sigh of relief you must have taken! And Pumpkin, too, sweet girl. Can't wait to see pix and hear of her new home.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hi All,

Well this morning I just checked my e-mail and someone e-mailed me about possibly adopting Pumpkin!

I'm not sure where this lady is from yet but she said that she has 2 other torties and her 2 just lost their sister a little bit ago and she would be glad to bring Pumpkin in her house.

So we'll see once I hear from her and I'll let you all know how it goes!

I never expected a response so quickly!!! It's great!!

Melissa

hope the cat gets a home.i wish i had money to get it here.poor thing.or anywhere for that matter.just out of the cold.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix