Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It just had to come to this didn't it.. **sigh**

No one should be forcing her to "meet and greet" strangers if she is not ready, willing and able to do that.

And praising her when she is scared reinforces to her that there IS something to be afraid about.

BF is where you need to start, I think. You sense a problem, and based on what you have stated, with good reason. You want to do something about it, he doesn't. Obstacle #1.

How on earth can you get the dog to a behaviourist or training class with a little one in tow when being with the little one is what makes her anxious? And since she has bonded closest with BF, he really should be the one training her. That is what the classes are mostly about: training the OWNER to train and handle the dog. You can't train a dog on a one hour per week class.

Can you get him to take her to even a basic obediance class? That will develop the pack leader/ follower relationship more closely between those 2, while getting him some exposure to what is and is not proper. As she is the youngest, maybe that is a way to get him to take her?

Difficult situation, so sorry you have to figure this one out.

Yup - BF has to become the 'alpha' dog, not the enabler! And that can be done with proper training.

Whatever pittie rescues you contact, see if they can reply to you via email. That way, you will have something to print out and show BF.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda