Thread: Happy Ending

Happy Ending

Just thought I would share this with all of you.

I was driving home from work tonight and I saw a Rotti walking down the sidewalk, and of course like all dogs didn't look both ways before he went to cross the street and almost got hit by a truck (thank god the guy was paying attention)! Then the dog ran up onto the sidewalk again, and again ran out into the street and almost got hit by the bus.

I couldn't just leave him there as there is a major hiway very near our house, so I stopped my car and got out. Called him "Rotti boy" as didn't know his name. He didn't have a collar on so didn't know where he lived. Didn't look like a stray as he wasn't scruffy and he must be a bit trained as he knows how to sit and shake a paw. I put him in my car and brought him home. My husband said maybe I should walk down the street I found him and see if anyone is looking for him.

I put Phoebe's leash on him and took him for a walk. A lady in a truck (which almost looked like she was in tears) slowed down when she saw me, so I stopped and when she got out I could see a smile on her face. I asked if this was her boy and she said yes. She looked so very happy to see him. Her husband was on his bike going around looking for him. She said that they have no kids, so he is there kid, and he means the world to them. She thanked me so much for finding him. I told her that I have 2 rotties of my own, so there is a BIG soft spot for them and I couldn't just leave him running the street. Oh ya and I told her that if they haven't given him any treats yet....he has had a doggie biscuit. She thanked me again and now off to find her husband.

Oh and his name is "King" and he just turned 1yr old last month.
    I am very thankful that I was there to find him, cause no one else stopped and who knows where King would have ended up.

He is a cutie, and told him I hope to see him around the neighbourhood (with his owner of course)!

HAPPY ENDING IN THE LIFE OF A DOG!!

Great story! Cudos to you for taking the initiative and picking King up and helping him find his mommy and daddy! God only knows what could have happened to that sweet Rotti Boy!

Great story and thank you so much for taking care of this little boy until his owner showed up. It is so nice to read a happy ending this morning.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Just think if you would not have taken the time to stop he may never have got back with his owner.

Great to hear King was reunited with his owner, and that she was greatful to you. Always like to hear a happy ending!

What a wonderful, happy story You were King's guardian angel! I know that his family will be grateful for your concern and compassion always. I always keep a slip lead in my glove compartment. You never know when you'll come across a wayward pupster in need of an "angel!" Thank you SO much for saving King's life, for sure!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I wholeheartedly agree! I feel certain that you saved King's life and bless you for stopping and taking the time to get him in your car. If I were King's owners, I would be eternally grateful to you!

Your one act of kindness made many people happy.

You are a hero. Without you to save him, he just might have gotten killed in the street! Good job!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

What a hero you are Turner!!! I'm so happy you found King's owners.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Wow! I'm so glad that you kept King from getting ran over, and found his owners in the process. I'm sure they were very thankful to you. Good Job!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Great all round, great story, great ending, and Turner, you are the greatest of all!