Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new guy at the Luckenbach "orphanage"

The new guy at the Luckenbach "orphanage"

Rhett Butler

his eyes are closed in the photos so you can't see, but Rhett doesn't feel too well. His 3rd eyelid is halfway across his eye. He just came from a stressful time (at a shelter....adopted.....returned.....readopted by the same person......returned yet again!!!! ) so stress is probably at least partof his problem. But he is a real sweet boy.

Awe... was he from our shelter, or from Huntingdon??

Look at that sweet orangie!!! Big smooches going out to him to get better!

He's handsome!

Why was he given back to the same people who returned him?

Oh, what a LOVE! Lookit the fat orange pawsies! That boy just begs a big hug and cuddle! SMOOCHIES on that beautiful head, please!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

He's such a handsome boy who should find a good new home fairly soon, as soon as he's been brought back to good physical health and feeling emotionally more secure.

Some cats, no matter how handsome and sweet, just seem to have the most awful luck with adopters. I met a cat at my shelter's infirmary last week who had been adopted once then turned in to a kill shelter a short time later. Fortunately, that shelter scanned him and found he belonged to the no-kill shelter. He was adopted then to a family who were apparently ecstatic about taking him home, but a few months later someone found him by the side of the road in a cardboard carrier! When my shelter called these adopters, they were clearly embarassed but couldn't come up with a reason why they had abandoned him. All the shelter could do was put them on their "do not adopt" list.

Rhett was at Huntingdon shelter (we pull cats from there) and was returned because the family thought he wasn't "working out". But then they called the shelter back the next day saying they "missed him" and so did the other cat they adopted at the same time. But then......and you will love this .....the lady's SISTER returned BOTH cats to the shelter saying her sister didn't "need" cats.

How dreadful

Poor baby. Doesn't it make you wonder if some people are born that way...or if they get stupid as the days grow longer? Makes me wanna smack them! How could they re-return? I hope they......well.....I hope they never get their hands on any more pets. Poor Rhett. I hope he gets well soon. Thanks for being such an angel to him Jen.

Smoochies to Rhett Butler for me, too, please!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awww, that sweet boy needs some hugs and kisses. Please give him some from me, make that LOTS from me.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

What happened to the cat buddy that he had at the other house. The one that said missed him when he was returned the first time?

Poor guy. He's probably getting really tired of being so bounced around. Hope he finds his forever home soon!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank You, Michelle!!!

Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon and will soon be relaxing in your home. He sure is adorable and I'm sure that you'll find the purrfect home for him.

LIke these babies don't have any feelings! Oh! That makes me so MAD!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha
    What happened to the cat buddy that he had at the other house. The one that said missed him when he was returned the first time?
    Oh you will love this...... They dumped him at a neighbor's!!! Forcing the shelter worker to go demand the cat back.

I am not sure if he has been readopted yet or not, but he is safe.

My heart just MELTED when I saw that ORANGEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, I had to reread the posts about how this cat(and his buddy)wae treated so badly! PEOPLE just do not get it!!! They are adopting a living, breathing creature that HAS feelings!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that Rhett will flourish with you!!!
    Nine is Fine!!