Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filou update- with mixed feelings -2nd update post 33

Filou update- with mixed feelings -2nd update post 33

It is now close to two years that Filou has chronic kidney failure. However he did well with the weekly sub-q fluids and diet food.
    Since before Christmas however he has been losing weight- it's close to a pound now and he only had seven of them. Of course we bought the most delicious food. The vet says he can have everything- even if it should not be diet as he is using his own protein which is just as bad for the kidneys .

Filou always needed his teeth cleaned as he builds a lot of tartar. The vet was reluctant to do it again as the anesthetics that are needed leave his body also via kidneys and put some further strain on them. But today on his weekly visit she says she cannot any longer postpone it as she thinks he might be even in pain. And of course if that should be the case he will not like his food as much.

He has been very active and playful over Christmas- so this is a good sign. They both liked that we have been home more and Filou gives lots of kitty kisses and headbumpies.

But for tomorrow my little boy is scheduled for a tooth cleaning under anesthetics and of course the vet will take the opportunity and take blood for some more tests.

Let's hope this will lead to things improving for a while. Think of us tomorrow.
    Last edited by Barbara; 01-19-2008 at 04:19 AM.

I'm so sorry to hear Filou has lost weight, and also that a teeth cleaning is neccesary. Is it possible to give him a tranquilizer instead - or if not, a lower dose of anesthetics?

Oh, I so hope it goes smoothly and he'll be back feeling good and eating more!

It's good to hear he's been active and playing.

Will be sending lots of positive vibes for him tomorrow. Give him some kisses and scritches from us.

Fister and Randi

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Prayers for a safe dental surgery!

Barbara, my thoughts will be with you and Filou. Your little boy needs to hang on to those pounds and I wish him all the best with his teeth cleaning.

The girls will have all their paws crossed too.

My Puddy has been in CRF for years now and has had subQ fluids up to twice a day at one point and she had to have a teeth cleaning not too long ago and, of course, like you, I was really concerned. Pud is only 5 lbs. soaking wet and she lost 1 1/2 lbs. when she was really sick. She came through the teeth cleaning like a champ and we're going to pray that Filou (and you ) will, too. I really turned it over and over in my mind about having it done; the last time she ended up having 6 teeth pulled. (But that was before I met my current vet. He does everything he can to save the teeth.) A special candle is being lit for Filou and we'll wait to hear the good news.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Singing loud Meezer songs for Filou and a good dental cleaning, and a brand new kitty!

Filou and you are in my prayers, Barbara. I hope the teeth cleaning goes well.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

thoughts and prayers on the way!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Need a lil Help down here ...

Kan You get a set of *skrubbies* warshed by tumorrow? You don't hafta *iron* 'em.

Please meet our Buddy Filou atta White Coat's Dental Lab.
    Bring Your visitor's toofie-brush.

After he getz all *polished up* - Kan You help kleen da laffin gas outta his system?
    And maybe tell him to Keep Eatin - kleen toofies will help him chew better.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

You are in my thoughts too. Kisses to Filou. Hopefully he will eat all the good food you bought for him.

11. I know you have great confidence in your vet. The E's and I send special thoughts for clean teeth with no problems.....

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom
    Filou and you are in my prayers, Barbara. I hope the teeth cleaning goes well.
    That goes for me, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

All of us here in tuxedo'ville (plus one lone blackie) are praying for a safe dental surgery, and improvement in F's health.

Prayers flying from me and the cats all have their paws crossed for you both!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(((((((Filou))))))

Special wishes to have a relaxed and happy time at that dental cleaning. I think Aby's have a bad time with teeth. Be good for your mom and dad, Filou! You are loved.