Thread: My sled dog adventures by Tehya

My sled dog adventures by Tehya

WOOOOOO PT

We got a big bunch of snow on the weekend. There's finally enough to sledding safely. We were going before, but that whole stopping thing was a bit of a problem, well for Mom. Not for me cuz I don't really like stopping anyway!

The snow means there is lots of sweeper trees! Again, not a problem for me cuz I am little and duck right under them. A bit more of a problem for Mom! She has to be careful or she will walking home!

Mom said she had to take a picture of this--I am sitting down, taking a rest! I hardly ever do that! I actually had a snowball in my paw, but it took me awhile to figure out what to do about that. Mom put the snow hooks in and pulled the big one out for me and then I chewed out the little ones. That's the nice thing about being able to stop--Mom can fix stuff for us. I've got it figured out now! Mom says I might have to wear booties since I have soft paws. She tried to put one on me today, but I was having none of that nonsense!

Ozzy is looking back in that picture cuz there was another team coming. We didn't see them for awhile, but us dogs knew they were there. It was a bigger team than us, but they wouldn't pass us. No one had been out before us and we had to break trail. THat other team was just using all our hard work to make it easier on themselves! Mom said she would have done the same thing if we had been the second team!

Crossing the lake was nasty. It was very blowy and Paxil hates the wind. So she was weaving all over the lake!

As we come into our yard, Anvik tried to eat some snow, but he missed and he got a nosefull! He sneezed and sneezed. It was very funny! I'm not sure Anvik saw the humor though!

I had to do some more paw maintenence when we got home. See I have it all figured out now! No need for booties, Mom!

Now I have to go in my pen and chew on Chum for awhile. I haven't seen him in at least three hours. He must be missing me!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Tehya
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Look at all that snow hanging off the branches. Looks very cold, lol. We're lucky if we get any snow settle at all in winter these days damnit!!!
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

Wooo Tehya! i saw the leader line "My sled dog adventures " and I just KNEW the rest of it was going to be by YOU when I clicked it open. Yup, I was right.

Oh silly girl, I had to laugh, PAXIL was weaving??? Have you looked at yourSELF in that photo? Sweetie, you are just keeping things balanced, I know.

The views are so stunning. And you seemed to enjoy a great run. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

We got a big bunch of snow on the weekend.

The snow means there is lots of sweeper trees!
    A bit more of a problem for Mom!
    She has to be careful or she will be walking home!
    WW!

Y'all DID get a LOTTA snow!

Now really ~~~
    Iffin poor Mom got >bumped< offa sled by a Sweeper Tree ---
    Wouldn't you guys be *nice* and stop to wait fur her to catch up?

"NO!", huh? NawTee Dawgs!

You'd prolly be going wiffout supper after she hiked back to the Ranch!

HAPPIE Big Snow - Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    The snow means there is lots of sweeper trees!
    Dear Tehya,
    What's a sweeper tree? (I typed sLeeper tree the first time, LOL)

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yay for snow! You may want to rethink the boots thing, though, Tehya, snowballs can hurt. Good job on letting Mom know about the other team, Ozzy. So did they just sit behind you a few yards and wait for you to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Dear Tehya,
    What's a sweeper tree? (I typed sLeeper tree the first time, LOL)

Thanks,
    Elyse
    WOOOOO Ms. Elyse

A sweeper tree is a tree that is bent over the trail. If the musher isn't watching, it will sweep them off the sled!

Wags
    Tehya
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    WW!

Y'all DID get a LOTTA snow!

Now really ~~~
    Iffin poor Mom got >bumped< offa sled by a Sweeper Tree ---
    Wouldn't you guys be *nice* and stop to wait fur her to catch up?

"NO!", huh? NawTee Dawgs!

You'd prolly be going wiffout supper after she hiked back to the Ranch!

HAPPIE Big Snow - Enjoy it!
    WOoo Mr Phred.

Apparently that has happened a few times, before I got here, and most definately NO! the team did not stop and Mom had to walk home. Once someone stopped the dogs and tied them to a tree and then picked Mom up on a skidoo and gave her a ride to them. One time our nice neighbor man was out for a walk and the team just ran up to him! He drove them home and took care of them til Mom got there. And one other time, Dad was home and he took care of the team. He was just about to go out searching for Mom when she came stomping up the trail!

Very, very bad things can happen to dogger teams that don't have a driver so Mom tries to avoid that! She says it's been 3 years since she walked home(knock on wood). Her friend, Mr. Brian, who is a very good musher, told her that she couldn't call herself a musher until she had walked home. After the first time it happened, Mom called him and asked if she was officially a musher now! He said yes and then told Mom to come over and he would show her how to drag. Mom is an expert dragger now!

WOOO
    Tehya
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Good job on letting Mom know about the other team, Ozzy. So did they just sit behind you a few yards and wait for you to move on?

Woooo

Mom thought there was a moose on the trail somewhere. She was quite relieved to see that team and finally know why we were looking around. Another team is much better than a moose on our trail! Yah, they just hung back and waited for us to get ahead, then they would catch up again. Eventually we turned left and they went right. The other musher lady yelled thanks to Mom as they went by! We couldnt' reallly tell who it was through all the clothes, but Mom thinks it was the team that lives behind us.

WOooo
    Tehya
    --John Irving

Too much snow for me and I'm a native Michigander but it looks like your pups had a good time.

Fantastic!!!
    I have been waiting for "tails' for awhile now Tehya!!!
    Great pics as usual Tamara!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

That looks just wonderful snow for playing in Tehya! I'm so glad you all had a good time out there! Wearing boots is a good idea though if your feet get sore so listen to your mom, okay?
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Woooooooo Tehya!

Thanks for letting us come with you - looks like great (but cold) fun
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Absolutely Gorgeous

I moved from NY to Ga and can live without the snow but those pictures are gorgeous and the dogs are adorable.