Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 white females in Toronto need a new home

This is absolutely fantastic
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Bless you for taking all four of her babies. Prayers for her babies and prayers for her and her situation.

Freedom and GILL - I did get one response from Toronto, a person who loves animals:

"I put this out to a lot of different places including the
    http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/

It seems that the Toronto Cat Rescue people placed these cats, plus
    another the person had, 6 months ago.

They are looking into it, but to date none of the people who adopted
    these animal has gotten back to Toronto Cat Rescue to tell them that the
    cats have been returned to the previous owner
    .....sooooo, as I said they
    are looking into it."

GILL, did the lady say anything about this?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

A member of the Pet Talk forum in New Jersey has apparently been in
    > touch with this woman and will be taking the three white kitties, plus
    > the additional calico/tortie girl - but not before the woman is ready to
    > let them go. It's only an 8 hour drive for the NJ person.

Interesting, because the Toronto Cat Rescue lady said that they had
    DEFINELY been taken - as I said 6 months ago. I asked her if she
    thought maybe the animals had been returned.... but she seemed to think
    they would have heard. She also said that Sandra was very hard to get
    hold of and it was extremely difficult for them to get the pet adoptees
    and her together ...she said Sandra had paid a fair sum over to the
    CatRescue place ...funny.
    >
    > I wonder what the deal was with the rescue? I'll get back to you. From
    > this end...some idiot people do not keep the rescues informed as to what
    > happened with the 'rescued' furbabes.

I agree - a lot of these places are completely colunteer run and I guess
    it depends upon who is involved as to how well the info is kept flowing
    ... but I will say one thing about this....

Before I contacted the Toronto Cat Rescue place yesterday (Friday) - on
    Thursday, Sandra emailed me and she was adamant that NO ONE had been in
    touch and she was still desperate for homes for these beauties and had
    had any luck ...... So that seems odd if the Pet Talk person plans to
    drive down to get the kitties, it sounds as though Sandra is discounting
    that offer, or has forgotten about it. In view of this new info, I would
    say one should treat this with caution.

I have a Care2 account, and posted this on the thread about these cats - to read it you would think that no one has called Sandra!

Saturday January 26, 2008, 10:44 am
    I was going to message Prima, but saw her message that she is unwell.

Since 2004, I have been a member of catoftheday.com
    I invite you to please go there, and click on Pet Talk below the picture and description.

The first section is Dogs. Second is Cats. In CATS, please click on the Rescue session, and the thread about the three white cats and the tortie/calico.

A woman in NJ is totally willing to drive and get all four cats, and has talked to Sandra at least twice on the phone.

Sandra, according to a Toronto friend I cross-posted this to, has said NO one has been in touch with her(Sandra emailed my friend this on Thursday the 24 of January). Also, note the recollection of the Toronto Rescue in the Pet Talk thread.

If Sandra's ailment causes memory problems, then I can certainly understand. Otherwise...this sounds really weird.

I KNOW this gal and her husband in NJ will drive the 8 hours and back to get all four cats. She is waiting til Sandra is ready to give Sandra as much time with her furbabes as possible.

Can anyone clarify this for me????

thanks
    Arly3

I will shut up after this one....

Q: Miwa, Germany Tuesday January 1, 2008, 11:27 am
    I remember last year already in spring, a mail with exactly the same picture was circulating, I don't remember the details any longer, but the cats were in Canada as well( for sure - so I'm sure they are the same cats), and I cross posted. So, does that mean that these cats still had not found anyone since? It must have been the same owner? oh, that's so sad, I really really keep my fingers crossed for them all and hope they find loving homes as soon as possible. I wish I could help as well, but I live in Germany with my 5 cats...

A: Prima, Care2 moderator (who is ill herself): She had no clue all of this was going on until I emailed her. She says she's not very technical and YES she did come on about a year ago and no one ever said anything. She never knew how to really get around Care2. It takes energy to learn and she doesn't have it. So I went over the news area and she was shocked to death and she is receiving emails. *Diane -Thank You

Everyone can go to Sandra's page and under comments she has posted on March 29th a Slide show with many photo's of the cats above. We tried to get some photo's on her page but Care2 was having some tech issues. Take a look at her profile page under comments. She posted them....

So,both of us are off to rest for the evening and Sandra will be commenting here tomorrow. She's overwhelmed and had no clue why after a year finally something is happening and she started very early looking for homes. It's more urgent now. It would be the best thing to have all stay together."

I think Sandra needs to decide soon. Maybe her memory is getting bad. One post said she wanted someone local - which naturally is preferable. But heck...come on folks!

GILL, I would imagine you and Sandra talked about how the four cats would be introduced to the present 8. Although she said recently that no one had contacted her, I saw another earlier post saying she had been getting lots of calls/emails.

I posted the link to this site/message for anyone there to check.

I hope this works out.

ETA: Okay, several hours later the inconsistencies have been explained. I pm'd GILL again, and hope all works out!
    Last edited by Catty1; 01-26-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Info

I spent almost an hour on the phone last night. As I understand, these cats have been with Sandra from kittens (cat rescue had nothing to do with them) this morning I e-mailed Sandra pictures of the house and the views out of the windows, front and rear. The crew loves the windows, a 10 ft bay on the second floor an 8 ft picture on the first in front. We have a 8 ft sliding door to the deck with a student desk on one side (it is often that there are 2 or 3 kids on the desk and a couple at floor level) When I designed the second floor edition I had a double window put in the rear up stairs this was pushed out 12 inches so there is a place for every one to site and watch the birds and squirrels.
    As to introducing them to the crew. We can close off the rear room with the bathroom. The door is cut so it has about a 1-inch gap from the floor. This let every one sniff and stick paws under the door. We are in the back room several times a day as to get to the bathroom we have to go through it. I believe that the longest time we have had to separate is a week. We also use this room if someone wants a quiet time. This is the room that has the sliding door to the deck, a quiet time with a view.
    For my wife and I an 8-hour drive is not a problem. Because of my work I do trade shows all over the country, 2 that my wife helps me with are in Toledo (12 hours) and Chicago (15 hours).
    I hope that this stops any more miss-information, Yes we were the ones that did the shelter rescue last Aug. for Bailey the munchkin at the same time we took Lenny an all white and very shy boy. Both have fit in very well. Bailey has become my boy and Lenny is still shy around me but is my wife’s lover and very vocal bout it.
    GILL & Crew;

Hi, GILL - boy did I get in trouble on Care2 trying to get the facts straight! I'm a pariah there right now, but anyway, the kitties are what matter...

I understand from the Care2 moderator that Sandra prefers the cats to be adopted locally so she can see them for as long as possible. However, all local adoptions would split the girls up!

I understand that...but I wonder if a couple of her friends could do 'kitty home care' until Sandra is ready to let them go?

If you would, and if you agree - would you suggest that to Sandra yourself?

I don't think anyone there wants to hear from me!

Glad you sent the pics and all. Fingers crossed here.

My only thought: the cats will need vet certificates to leave the country. If this woman expects to eventually be incapacitated, I hope she doesn't wait too long until it is really difficult for her to take 4 cats to the vet.

Best wishes, GILL!

3 white ladies

The good news is that all have their vet papers up to date. I have found out that by driving them across the border there is no quarantine.
    My wife and I are just waiting for the word to come and get them; I hope that she makes the decision before it is too late. I have e-mailed pictures of our other cats, of the windows they can look out of (inside and out), the vet we use and the emergency service.
    This morning I received an e-mail with more pictures of her babies, I am ready to call my wife and say lets go now they are absolutely gorgeous.
    GILL & Crew;

John, I suggest you stock up on batteries for the camera BEFORE you leave; and remember to TAKE the camera with you and USE it!!!!

Sure, we here on Pet Talk would love to see it all in pictures; but this really is a grand transport and you will love having the photos too, in years to come.

The reason for my first comment about stocking up on batteries: you are not going to have time to wait for the darn charger! He hee.

Status of cats

Hi,

I was contacted by Sandra and am trying to find out what the status is of the offers for help.

Any information you have about this, the cats, this situation, etc appreciated.

You can email me privately if you like. Let me know via the board and I will send you my email address.

Many thanks!
    Nancy

The last time I talked to Sandra she had found homes for her cats. She thought that I was too far away at the time.
    GILL & Crew;

Ok so I'm guessing these 2 threads about the white cats the same threads?? and Gill are you taking her white cats?

Thanks,
    Melissa

NO sorry the house is full. Last year I had the room, now with 16 in house and 1 on the way we are over filled.
    GILL & Crew;