Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final goodbye

Final goodbye

When we got to the vets, I didn't think it would be that hard, until after they gave him the needle, and it finally sunk in what happened, just seeing him lay there..I broke down, I just turned my back till I calmed down and could say my final goodbye, even though he had left.

I made this for him.

"TIME is
    Too slow for those who wait,
    Too swift for those who fear,
    Too long for those who grieve,
    Too short for those who rejoice.
    But for those who love,
    Time is not."
    - Henry van Dyke

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

*HUGS*

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know it's hard, but in time, the pain will ease.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That poster is just so pretty! I know sayind goodbye is hard. He seemed like a great dog, and you obviously loved him very much. I am so sorry fro your lose.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Former User Guest
    I'm sorry for your enourmous loss

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure Rufus loves the poster. When I said my morning prayers, I told God a very special dog named Rufus would be coming to live with Him today. I asked that He send some very special angels to help Rufus to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure they wrapped him in their love and carried him there and introduced him to everyone. He is in no pain now and running free. Prayers will continue for you and your family as you deal with his going. ((((HUGS))))

Sweet Rufus, have a safe and swift journey over the Rainbow Bridge. You will be reunited with your precious loved ones again some day but for now you can roam with all the others who have gone before you in pain free joy and excitement.

Audrey, My sincere sympathies on the passing of dear sweet Rufus. He was blessed for many years to have you in his life. Give Josie a extra big hug and let her help you deal with the sorrow.

I am so sorry about Rufus, Audrey. You made a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog. Give Jo a big hug and together you will get through this. We are all here for you

I am so very sorry, my eyes are swelled with sympathetic tears. Rufus is beautiful and will always warm your heart with his memory. Bless you for giving him such a happy life.

Audrey, I know this day has been a long time coming and that you've already done some of your grieving because of that. Your tribute to Rufus is just beautiful. I wish I had the skill to do something like that. It is really, really remarkable.

You were very brave to be at Rufus side during this time. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I hope that you are at peace with the decision to let Rufus go. It was made with all the care and love possible. You were a kind and caring guardian as he was a good dog.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

God Bless you dear, sweet Rufus. You were the most loyal, loving, devoted companion and friend these many, many years. And though I never met you in person, I will always keep the loving stories and precious pictures your Mommy shared with us all tucked away in my heart. For sure you are this very moment one of God's most cherished fur angels. Audrey, you wrote such a beautiful tribute to Rufus. I know the love expressed in your poem was a love felt by him every moment of his life on this earth. I send to you and your family all of my love and sympathies for your great loss. Love and {{{hugs}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

This is the sad part of Pet Talk. We all get to "know" so many adored pets through the writings of their people and so many have left us, even in the short two year period that I have been here. Just recently on the cat boards Lut lost her beloved Sydney. We feel each member's sadness because most of us have experienced it at one time. I am so sorry that Rufus is gone. We are here if you need us.

A beautiful picture, a beautiful dog.

~Many hugs and prayers your way~

So very sorry for your loss. Beautiful picture. The pain will soon ease.

Audrey

I'm so sorry that you finally had to put Rufus to sleep Like the others have said, at least you knew it was coming and had a little time to grieve for him and be with him before he left for the Rainbow Bridge.
    I'm sure Keisha, along with all the other animals that have passed recently will be there to welcome him to a life of no pain, and wonderful fields to run and play in everyday.
    We will be here anytime you need to talk.
    {{{{Hugs}}}
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets