Thread: grasshopper

grasshopper

congratulations grasshopper for reaching your 16th birthday.you must have a loving owner and a good home.the eldest cat at the lost cats hotel is princess the timid who is about 14 and michael who is 3 months younger we think.the other cats are in the 10
    to 112 year range.rocca is the baby at 2 and annoys the other cats by being too affecionate.my all time oldest cas were smokey 23 orange bloossom 22 and mr scrappy 20 mr fluffy 19.once again hip hip hooooray for grassshopper.

Thanks, Gary!

I was off line for a few days when my computer crashed - but I snuck in a couple posts under a pseudonym at work. I'm BAAACK!!
    We do love her very much - thanks for your kind words!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

PLEASE FORGIVE ME, DEAR GRASSHOPPER for my lagardness, my tardiness, in getting to your COTD page. It has been more than a week, and I have not been by to pile my praises upon you or to express my admiration and joy that, at long last, Grasshopper, the famous San Diego dock cat has been named Cat of the Day! Have 11 days already lapsed since the passage of this great and wonderful day? Surely, you must think that I do not care.

If you could have but followed me for even a portion of these past 11 days, you would understand that it is not indifference that has kept me from posting my praises but rather an insane life schedule that makes it difficult to attend to the truly important matters in life, such as Grasshopper's turn at COTD.

Here, then, are my praises, heaped upon you:

Beautiful, gorgeous, magnificent, damn near omnipotent; loyal, loving, healing, black and white, soother, teacher, sleek ears, acute sense of smell (even if aesthetically questionable), pretty kitty, effervescent, perceptive, marvelous whiskers, humbly proud, possessed of great taste.... well, I could go on and on.

I have questions, though, Grasshopper:

Do you hop?

And could you bat a pebble from from my hand?

If so, then you are indeed the master.

But I do not think you could bat a pebble from my hand, for I would snatch it away before your flying paw could reach it.

Yet, I think you may still be the master. Despite their touted industry, self-sufficiency and their arrogant tendency to mock your relaxed, leisurely ways, I suspect that the ants actually work for you, Grasshopper.

After all, come winter, do you ever starve while the ants party heartily?

No, I do not think so!

Belated congratulations, Grasshopper - and to you as well, Kohala!

When attacked by jays

Yes, I hop, quite high, in fact, especially when rogues bluejays bonk me on the bean with their beaks! Dadcat claims I went three feet straight up. I can hear Popcornbird laugh at that one!! We cats can outperform Harriers when it comes to vertical liftoff when properly motivated.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *