Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your dog afraid of?

Buddy #1. - Raising your voice @ anyone. (if I yell @ Abby outside Buddy will run and hide)
    #2. -Fireworks & sometimes thunder
    #3. - Jumping from anyplace other than the deck. (we have had to lift him out of the van)- he looks down and it scares him I guess.

Abby #1. - raising your hand up, otherwise I have not noticed anything else. (oh, she might be afraid we will run out of dog food as she eats like a horse)!

Angus, he's not afraid of too much, about the only thing that bothers him is plastic bags (Mark's nephew put one on his head when he was a pup, and he's been leary of them ever since).

Roxey, well.....she's afraid of getting yelled at for digging (which she does alot of, I think she was trying to dig a tunnel under our pool yesterday ). The only other thing she's afraid of is not getting all the attention, she pretty much mauls Huney if she is getting babied and not her!

And Huney, she's afraid of quite alot of things. And thunder and fireworks are at the top of the list, the noise scares her to death, she can even hear something that sounds like fireworks (screamers) on TV and she gets spooked. And she still freaks out over getting brushed, expecially her tail. Oh and feet, not in general-but if you try to get close to her with your foot (she's a rescue and someone must have kicked her before). She is also leary of other people and dogs, but we're going to try taking her to obedience classes and maybe she'll get over that.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Where should I begin with Sara??
    I would say the top three things she is scared of are thunderstorms, flashlights, and fire works.

Blue is scared of his vet. Mama hates water. Belle is scared of bees. Prince is scared of my husband. And Missie is scared of Mama.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Bull - Everything
    Katie - Slightly less than Bull

The Wimps
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Tina is afraid of the vacuum cleaner, lightning/thunder and fireworks

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Beethoven-- thunderstorm, power blackouts, nail cutting, being yelled at.
    Crunchy-- being yelled at...
    Nestle-- injections, *Beethoven*
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

We once tried out an invisable fence, Hannah was scared witless of that. We had to deactivate it.

Tucker is scared of sizable objects that weren't there before. It takes him a while to determine that these aren't going to gobble him up. He has another fear which we cannot figure out. He loves my husband and will sit on his lap and give him kisses, but he will not go outside if my husband is the one to open the door. He will not walk past my husband by the door unless I am with him. We didn't notice this initially because I was always the one who would let the dogs out, but after my husband retired, he started helping out. Well at least he tried. The only thing we can figure out is maybe at Tucker's original home he was kicked outside by the male in the family.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Sadie is not afriad of anything except being yelled at. She is such an eager to please dog that you raise your voice and she immediatly backs off and rolls on her back or trys to get in your face and give kisses. ( even if it is Cincy in trouble )

Cincy is mostly afraid of loud noises. She was a little leary of noises as a tiny pup and had gotten over it until the 4th of July. She is getting better, but every now and then something loud will spook her and she runs with her tail tucked. She isn't afraid of being yelled at though, until she knows you are really serious ( after the 100th time, oh, you mean don't dig in the yard. I thought you menat in that paticular spot....HMmmmmm.)

Fears

Ricky is afraid of thunder, loud noises, water, and not getting enough snacks. Lucy Tu is afraid of helicopters and vacuum cleaners.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Until recently I would have said that Bella wasn't afraid of anything. A few days ago she was barking at the back fence and I came out to investigate. There was a black kitty on the other side of the fence and he was not being intimidated by her at all. At one point he hissed at her and she turned and started to run away--unfortunately straight into me (my knee) as I was walking up to her. OUCH! The funny thing is that she lives with two cats, although she has never heard a hiss out of either one of them.