Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catahoula pictures, and possible new addition!

Catahoula pictures, and possible new addition!

I have been away from PT for a couple months because I've been very busy with having moved, school, basketball, and work. My job isn't exactly hard, I work at a ranch and train horses for barrel racing. The ranch owners also breed catahoula leopard dogs. They just had a litter about 7 weeks ago, and they gave me a puppy for christmas! She is beautiful and has a great personality. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep her though, as my parents really don't want another dog. Wendy, the lady that gave her to me, said that if I couldn't keep her to not worry about it and she could find her another home, but if I wanted one from a litter later on that I could pick one out. There are three puppies left, the blue one was the only male, and they are keeping that one. The all red one was bought by their ranch hand, and then the one they gave to me. I took a few pictures of some of their other dogs too. There are a lot of pictures so please bare with me.

My pup She has ice blue eyes, just like her momma

The ranch hands puppy

The puppy they are keeping, the male

This is Skeeter. They got him last weekend from the pound. He is very tall, and very energetic. He is about 9 months old but he is a huge sweetheart

lots more. ..

This is the mom, Ice. She is very protective of her puppies and wasn't crazy about not being in control of them

Apache

Blue puppy and their daughter Carly

Momma Ice

Red Dog (Queensland Australian Shepherd) and I can't seem to remember this other guys name. . .

Red Dog

Other guy

My Pup

Cowboy. This name is PERFECT for this little guy. He LOVES to be around the horses and cattle when we are riding, and he chases the cows each time we try to rope

more comming

Ice and her puppy

Ice

Blue puppy

This is Milk. The name isn't suiting anymore, but when Milk was born she was completely white except for her ears

Sydney, one of my favorites

one more post. .

Syd's twin, I can't remember her name at the moment

Charlie. He was in trouble this last weekend because he ATE THE FACE of one of their cows The cow had to be butcherd. Yes. . the cow was alive while Charlie was chewing on him

TJ, the daddy

That's all, hope you enjoyed
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Wow what beautiful dogs but you know what I like the pup you got the best. She is just so darn cute!! If I had to choose one she would have been it. Good luck with her and I hope it all works out with your parents. What do you think you will name her if you get to keep her.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Wow, doggie overload! What a nice bunch of dogs and the puppies, oooh, sigh! I was thinking, Cowboy should be careful not to be kicked by a cow. then you wrote aabout Charlie chewing on one! However did the cow allow THAT to happen? Poor cow.

Friend of mine, his border collie is named Cowboy, and was knocked unconscious by a cow who didn't want to go where the dog was trying to herd her (into the barn, duh!) Dog was OK but it was scary for my friend at the time.

Thanks for showing us all the wonderful dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I was thinking, Cowboy should be careful not to be kicked by a cow. then you wrote aabout Charlie chewing on one! However did the cow allow THAT to happen?

Friend of mine, his border collie is named Cowboy, and was knocked unconscious by a cow who didn't want to go where the dog was trying to herd her (into the barn, duh!) Dog was OK but it was scary for my friend at the time.
    Nobody knows why the cow didn't struggle or try to get away, I'm not even sure what led to Charlie wanting to chew on the cow. All of their dogs are used to being around cows and horses all day long, not sure why he did it.

My dog Maggie, was kicked in the head by a horse when she was younger because she was chasing him. She broke her jaw and had to have it wired back into place. She is ok, but she definently learned her lesson.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

OMG Beth!!! They are all GORGEOUS! You must keep this pup! (Or, you could always give the puppy to me, ya know)

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

She is so cute! I really hope you can keep her.
    All the other ones are really cute too.

What a great job you got too, I bet you love that!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

They're all just gorgeous, Beth!! Very pretty doggies. Ice is a beauty. I can see why all her babies are so cute

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sounds like a great job! I used to ride a horse (Gemini) that was trained to barrel race. She was quick! I'd love to work around dogs and horses all day.

Your -possible- pup is very adorable. Im always intrigued by Catahoula dogs. I like the coloring of your pup.. very pretty. I too hope you can keep her. You could always take her to work with you...

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Oh, jeez. Those are some adorableee puppies! Congrats on your possible new addition. Catahoulas are amazing. =)

Were there any deaf or blind puppies in the litter? Both of the parents are very light merles... they even appear to be double merles, especially the Mom.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

they are gorgeous! I love catahoulas and can see why Sydney is one of your favorites.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Great pictures!!! Too bad about the cow. I hope you get to keep your puppy.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.