Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tobi

Tobi

I open a thread on each of my dogs, except Tobi was missing. I finally found some pictures and would like to introduce him. Tobi is our 4 year old long-hair chihuahua. I bought him at a pet store when he was 7 months old and he is the best! He's super-friendly, easygoing and very lovable. Thanks to Tobi, quite a few friends have gotten themselves a long-hair chihuahua, since he is really true to his breed. In the pictures, his hair is cropped because I shave him. We live in Miami and it gets pretty hot in the summer. Long-hair chihuahuas have a beautiful head of hair all around their chest and a beautiful curly tail. I hope you like them.

Lady and Tobi adore each other:

As you can see, they do everything together:

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Barbiro ]
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

oohhhhh.....both of them look so beautiful..you must be so proud of them

They are so cute together!!! Both are sweethearts.

Tobi is just too precious! What a sweet little guy with an absolutely adorable face. And you already know how much I totally adore Lady They're so cute together! You have a wodnerful fur family!

Aren't they beautiful? I simply adore them. Tobi is a great chihuahua. He was severely traumatized at the pet store where I bought him (which is the reason I think my boyfriend bought him - he fell sorry for the little guy). He was 7 months old, very fat, the cage was very small and he smelled of urine. The first week he would wimper and not allow anyone to touch him, but almost 2 weeks later he started coming around and WHAT A DOG! Super-lovable, but he had such a hard beginning in life. It took two years for Tobi to lose the fear of someone touching him from behind (I swear they probably kicked him at the pet store), but little-by-little, he's come around and he is a very affectionate dog. I still wish I had gotten him when he was a puppy - he deserved a lot more than being thrown in a cage for the first 7 months of his life. Knowing what I know now, I would never buy another animal from a pet store - it just promotes horrendous breeding, although Tobi and I are lucky we found each other.
    Barbi

Tobi is a cutie also. Lady & Tobi look like really good buddies! Its great that she found a home with you to be safe. Sad that she had to spend 7 mo. in a cage. Did you find out why she was never adopted out at a earlies age? She sure was cute enough.

They are both so beautiful and what great photos you took., really nice.
    Jackie

AWWWW!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Sammi, we never did find out why Tobi wasn't adopted those first 7 months of his life, but when my boyfriend inquired about Tobi, the pet-store owner did tell him he was getting ready to ship Tobi back to the breeder since he was too old and people want puppies not a 7 month old dog. Like I said, he was FAT, the cage he was in was very small, and although it was a clean cage, Tobi really smelled of urine. I think it took two weeks of bathing for him to finally lose that smell. In part, I think, that also prompted my boyfriend to immediately buy him. God forbid he could have been euthanized. I tell you -- pet stores sell for profit, I really don't think they care about their animals. Tobi's nails were long and we felt sorry for him. We're so lucky to have him as he is a great little dog. Such a great disposition on life
    Barbi

Tobi's a doll - I will have one sooner or later - it's my destiny

Purrley, I'm so glad you stop by to visit. Tobi is the one I will be mating with Buffy. Can you possibly inmagine cuter dogs being born? They both have stupendous personalities and characteristics, which can only improve the breed. I figure the puppies will come out white since Buffy is light blonde and Tobi, as you can see, is totally white.

You will never regret owning a chihuahua. The love they give is tremendous. If you really feel it's your destiny to own one -- hang in there, God will reward you with one
    Barbi

Barbiro - please just keep in touch with me - he may reward me with one of yours

Lady and Tobi are just adorable! The second photo of Tobi is a real heart melter What great pals Tobi and Lady are. Your fur family is truly special. And what lucky puppins to have such a terrific, caring, loving mom!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I feel guilty just talking about Buffy since Tobi to me is just as important, so I'm bumping this thread to the top in case there are new members.
    Barbi

Barbi - Tobi is so darling, I love the long haired variety. I would have chosen the long hair if I would have had a choice. But my little Tess is incredibly cute - pictures soon OK. The long hairs are quite a bit more expensive then the short hair. Maybe it's because they're harder to get. Maybe one day I'll get another one and get the long hair. I got all I can handle with Tess, believe me!!!! Oh by the way Tess's daddy is a long hair, but Momma is short haired. The whole litter ended up with short hair, hum - must be the dominant gene.