• A day or so after Christmas

5 9.09%
  • New Years Day

15 27.27%
  • Epiphany (January 6th)

4 7.27%
  • Sometime after that - I delay as long as possible

5 9.09%
  • I leave the lights up year 'round, just don't plug them in after a certain date

1 1.82%
  • I don't put up decorations

8 14.55%
  • It varies year to year

17 30.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights up - lights down

Lights up - lights down

When do you take your Christmas decorations down? I'll take down the one string of lights I have outside today, though normally I'd wait until Epiphany (January 6th.) I'll leave the other indoor and on-the-porch decorations out until then, anyway.

The plan is to take them down today. But it's such a nice day outside we might just have to go for a motorcycle ride instead. I might still take down the inside decorations tonight.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We keep it all up through the Christmas Season, and take down as soon after Epiphany as we can (outdoors, it depends ont he weather, but we don't turn them on again after Epiphany.)

That being said, the tree is down. The cats took it down about 2:30 AM Sunday, and rather than replace everything, I was just thankful nothing got broken and decided to put it all away. That is the first time EVER I have had cats take a tree down! All the 6.5 and 7 footers were fine. The 4.5 foot artificial one was the first one down. I think I'll go back to a BIG, live one next year!

We usually do a big cleaning and take the decorations down on New Years day. Then I feel nice and organized and set up for a new year

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I voted New Years day because that's always my goal.

New Years eve my hubby had the day off and it was a nice day so he took down all the outdoor decorations. I had family in town visiting until this morning (1/2) other wise I would have taken down all my indoor decorations yesterday. I'll start putting things away tonigt I'm sure of it!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

They are down and put away as of yesterday (New Year's Day). I have been doing that for as long as I can remember. Another thing I always do on New Year's Day is the shredding of old papers in order to get ready for the upcoming tax season. I keep seven years of records and the oldest year becomes confetti on New Year's Day.

I didn't put up much this year, but the things I did have up, was taken down today. I still have my Christmas cards sitting on the desk though - I enjoy them so!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

For as long as I can remember, the Christmas decorations have stayed up until Epiphany. I put some things away yesterday and the rest will get put away over the weekend. My Christmas cards and photos stay out for at least another month, though! I'm still looking through them just about every day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My dad always forgets to take them down.

He left them in this whole last year so all he had to do is plug them in lol.

My parents take down our decorations down a different time every year. Their goal is New Years, but that never happens. My mom just watches The Mummers Parade all day. This weekend we are gonna take down the decorations and the tree.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I usually get started New Years Day taking things down. With a puppy in the house I'm considering just leaving everything up until next year.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My outside lights go up in November - I usually take advantage of a good day when it's not raining. they are always lit by the end of November.

My inside decorations and my tree went up in mid December this year and I don't plan on take anything down until the weekend of Jan 19th.

Yes, I like to delay as much as possible because the lights are so pretty.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My lights go up in first week of December, AFTER dec. 6th.
    Everything goes down again half January; not because I WANT them to go, but because the dustcart is pixking up all christmas trees in that week
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

We took ours down yesterday and now the house looks bare and in need of a lick of paint!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Between New Year's Day and Epiphany, depending on the calendar (weekend after New Year's, typically.) I find a natural tree only stays good about 2 weeks before turning into a big old fire hazard.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb