Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas Cruise *61 PICTURES*

My Christmas Cruise *61 PICTURES*

As some of you know, I went on a cruise for Christmas. It was a Norwegian Cruise line cruise. NCL just made a new boat called the Norwegian Gem and that was the cruise we went on. It was the ships maiden voyage in North America. It was a cruise out of new york. My parents, me and my sister went. I took alot more pictures but most include other people and my parents so I don't really know if they want me posting them. The ship stopped at Port Canaveral, Nassau Bahamas, Great stirrup Cay which is NCL's private Island in the bahamas, and Grand Bahama Island. So anyway, onto the pictures:

In Port Canaveral, my sister and my mom went on a shore excursion to shop at Coco beach. Me and my dad went on one called the airboat adventure. They take you on an airboat tour of a lake and river. We didn't see any alligators but before the tour there was a show about a lady who rescues and houses exotic animals. Well, she had some with her and for a small fee you could take pictures with them. Of course, I took pics with all of them. Please meet Brutus, Peanut, and a beautiful snake:

Brutus is obviously and alligator lol. He was gorgeous.

This a boa constrictor. I forgot her/his name but it was a beautiful animal.

Please meet the fatty, Peanut. He was such a sweetheart. Isn't he adorable?

This was the view from our balcony at new york city before we left. The bridge as we were going under it.

This was the ship decorated for Xmas and just the inside. As you can tell it was gorgeous.

The rest of the pictures are most likely in no order as I don't have much time to post but here goes:

All the towel animals made by the housekeeping staff. There was a bunny, an elephant, a mouse which was the cutest, and the monkey.

This was from the Chocoholic buffet they had one night. I didn't feel good that day so I didn't eat any chocolate but these cakes were fabulous. There were alot more elaborate ones like an eagle and a dragon but the one of the ship was my favorite.

This was one performer. He was hilarious and also very talented at juggling. His name was Romano Frediani or something like that. I can't think of the last name but his family is famous for their entertainers. It goes 8 generations back. They were in circuses and shows all over the world since the 1700's I believe. His Dad still preforms in Las Vegas.

Show honoring the hard-working crew.

(more coming..)
    Last edited by Alysser; 12-31-2007 at 04:56 PM.

The guy standing is the captain. I was in the bridge room and noticed him and took a picture. Not sure if I was allowed to though.

Me in a lounge. All the lounges/bars had some sort of bed type thing in it.

Me in the main area of the ship.

Snorkeling on Christmas day.

Sunset from the private Island.
    (more coming...)

In the Bahamas. I am not sure which ports these were all taken at though. Sorry this thread is so unorganized.

Just to show you how clear the water is I took a picture. The little black things are fish. Minnows I think.

Now for the Atlantis resort in Nassau/Paradise Island. We didn't stay there but we went on a tour. I loved it!

The resort itself.

The lagoon on the property.

A water bicycle. isn't it funny looking?

A seagull just chilling by the lagoon.
    (more..)

WOW Alyssa, that cruise looks spectacular! I love the towel animals - and snorkelling on Christmas day, what an experience! I'll look forward to more coming up...

Zimbabwe 07/13

Most of the tour was of the aquarium. I took tons of pictures. It was hard to narrow them all down.

Stingray.

A Manta ray named Zeus.

A very large grouper!

Assorted fish.

A very cool jellyfish. I wish I had been paying attention at this part. They were awesome.

A morey eel...

More coming..

I have no clue what this was but it was cool. It was in the Predatory section.

The famous Atlantis Shark Tunnel.

Looking through the glass of the shark tunnel at palm trees. I thought it looked neat.

Done with the Atlantis now for all the random stuff:

A naval band in the Bahamas.

A cool looking lizard posing for the camera in the Bahamas by a market place.

Bahamian culture can be seen everywhere.

By the window on the ship.

Local beer on Grand Bahama Island.

Me on the sun deck in Grand Bahama Island.

STILL more...

Some forgotten pictures..

Me in NYC on the last day. That was really sad. I miss the ship.

Me and my sister in a restraunt on the boat.

The airboat place called the Lone Cabbage.

Passing some reeds on the airboat..

Yeah that's all. REALLY sorry for the unorganized way I put all the pics up and if they are too big. I just am getting ready for a New Years Party and was straightening my hair and posting pics, and typing. It's kinda hard. Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed!

Fabulous pics!!! You are so lucky, I have never been on a cruise, but hubby promises we will go on one on our 10yr wedding anniversary, which is only 1 yr and 6 months away!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I LOVE the pics, looks like you had a terrific time, and the cruise is just amazing.
    Biscotties, the perfect companion for your latte.
    I love my girls Nena & Lola, there just perfect.

Wow Alyssa, it looks like you had a great time! Those water pictures are too die for! Thanks so much for sharing, I feel like I just went on a cruise!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Looks like an awesome trip!

Niño & Eliza

That looks fantastic, What kind of animal was Fatty Peanut? Hes gorgeous! Looks like you had a fantastic time, It must to good to get out and see so many new places.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I took awhile to post all these so I hope more people reply. Peanut is a skunk, who was de-skunked. Critter_Crazy, I hope you get to go on a cruise. This was my first cruise, as well. I recommend Norwegian Cruise lines, as I have nothing to complain about with them!