Thread: Help - we had our first tick!

Help - we had our first tick!

I'm in the computer room watching some Harry Potter movies on my pc (since hubby and dad are watching football, and we only have the 1 tv) and hubby came in and said "Jadie had a tick". He told me he got it off of her and flushed it. I made him check Oreo too. He hasn't said he found anything.

What do I do? None of the kitties have any, I've been petting them so much, and looking for scratches in case of fighting I'd have seen them. The new girl, Jingle, hasn't got any either.

I have not seen a tick on a pet since I was a child... and back then my mom handled everything. So I don't know what to do. Help! Any advice is very welcome.

Thanks,

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Just watch the site in case of a rash. Keep an eye on Jadie for a fever. Not to worry, I bet she will be OK.

Do you use any preventative? I use Revolution on the cats, as it covers EVERYTHING in one dose. The dogs get Frontline Plus and Interceptor (a pill). Once per month year round here.

Zoee's had a few ticks in her life. She gets them when she's at my brothers. So I usually never have to deal with them. But this summer we had a doggie visitor and he had a tick. A BIG one, and I didn't know what to do. So I called my 13 year old niece and she walked me through it. LOL They pull them out, by the head and then burn them. But this one was so big Bruce just stepped on it and it POPPED!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)