Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My husband brought home a stray.

My husband brought home a stray.

My husband found this kitty by our front door, meowing. So he brought her (?) in. I was in the other room, and he yelled, "Crystal! Come here." When I went there, this is what he was holding in his arms ...

I moved her to the garage for now. I have an appointment with the vet at 3pm to make sure she's disease free, as I can't take the chance of my boys getting ANYTHING, and to see if she's microchipped.

I will be making flyers to post around the neighborhood for "Found Kitty!" in the hopes that whoever owns her will be missing her and will see the flyer.

Here are some more photos of the beautiful girl.

Ooh, can I rub you?

Ok, I'll settle for rubbing this!

I don't sit still well. I want to be with you!

Okay, just this one time, I'll sit still for a photo.

I called Katjaye (of course!) and told her all about the finding of the kitty. She's already seen the photos, and her daughter suggested the temporary name of "JINGLE" since it's Christmas-time. So, until her owners are found - meet Jingle!

(Sorry for the photo size - if I shrunk them anymore, they got grainy - I think my camera settings are wrong)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

She is beautiful! And Jingle is a great (temp) name for her.
    So, what if the owners do not claim her?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I AM LIKE YOU, IT IS HARD TO SOMETIMES DETERMINE A STRAY CAT FROM ONE WHO IS JUST VISITING AND SMELLS SOMETHING GOOD TO EAT.
    I AM GLAD YOU ARE PUTTING UP SIGNS AS YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE SOMEONES COMPANION AND HAVE THEM WORRYING ABOUT HER.
    WILL SHE BE YOUR CAT, IF NOONE CLAIMS HER??
    SHE IS SO SWEET, SHE WILL BE HARD TO LET GO OF, WE ARE BETTING THAT SHE STAYS!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If she's not micro-chipped, and she's not claimed... and is healthy (nothing my boys can get) then she's not going anywhere. She's really sweet. She meows when you talk to her and she purrs all the time. And rubs against you a LOT.

I worry though, that she'll be put back outside if she does get claimed. It is almost a death sentence out here because of the coyotes. And the cars.

We'll have to wait and see. But, at least we'll make sure she's healthy. It's the least I can do for the beautiful girl.

And, lol - she may end up being a He. I've not looked closely enough to find out. I just think the kitty LOOKS like a girl.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

If she does get claimed, we can only hope that her getting outside was an accident. Good luck either way.

She's gorgeous. I hope that she'll receive a clean bill of health and will be able to be a new addition to your family. Good luck.

She is gorgeous. Hubby did a wonderful thing bringing her in. I hope she gets a clean bill of health and that Charlie & Scooter get a new sister.

BTW...most likely she is a girl as it is rather rare to get a male calico.

Keep us updated please.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Oh so sweet! Calico's are cute, though if you forget that she has a white underside she kind of reminds me of a tortoiseshell.

She sounds like a total sweetheart! I hope she checks out clean and dandy and that you can keep her.

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^

1. She's not microchipped.
    2. She tested negative for fiv/felv.
    3. She's young - maybe 9 months old.
    4. Even my vet fell in love with her!

She weighed in at 7 lbs exactly. She's so sweet!

She's a beauty!!! Welcome to PT Jingle!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Oh, she's so pretty!!!! I hope she was let out by accident, otherwise I wouldn't want to give her back to someone who'd let her be coyote dinner!

She's got a gorgeous floofy tail too! Welcome to PT Jingle girl!

I so love calicos and Jingle sure looks like a sweetie. She appears to be in good shape as though she's an indoor cat, yes? Maybe she got out by accident. If someone does claim her, I'd ask that she be kept indoors. If they don't agree, maybe you can ask if you can keep her because you're right about the coyotes. I lived in Sedona for 2 years and my neighbor lost their cat to a coyote. I wouldn't want to see that happen to sweet Jingle.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

She is sitting here on my desk, next to the keyboard. She's knocked all my piles of paper to the floor already, lol.

The vet said since she tested negative for the fiv/felv, all we need to worry about with my other kitties now is uri? Is that right? Otherwise she tested good on everything. The vet just said to keep her in a different room from the others for a week maybe, to watch for the URI - to keep her from spreading it if she has it or carries it.

I told my vet she'd have to stay in the garage, because I couldn't risk anything happening to the other two I have, and her face just fell and she replied, "But it's cold out there" and asked if I could isolate her in another room... lol and this is the only one with no pets in it, so here she is. The vet cuddled her and said, "Now this is a kitty I could have" and just kept cuddling her for about 5 more minutes, while we were talking. She's such a good girl.

I've not taken in any kitties (except adopting Charlie 2 years ago) for so many years, I don't know what to look for. Any tips would be welcome.

Also, is $50 too high for the fiv/felv test? I didn't have the $ for it, so had to charge it, but I just couldn't let her near my boys without knowing...

Did the vet note if she was spayed?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

50$ is what it costs me for the FIV/FELV test here. If she gets watery eyes, runny nose, and sneezes, she has a URI.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!