Thread: I really need to NOT look anymore...

I really need to NOT look anymore...

I was, again, this close * *..... of getting a cat........

I went to petsmart this weekend so I HAD to look at the kitties there...... and there wer a bunch of cuties.....
    three 2 month old babies, two calico girls and a gray/white boy....so adorable, there were also a tree tabbies about 2 yrs, a lil orangie boy that man demanded scritches awww.......

there was also a HUGE tabby girl 4yrs... never seen a cat that big also a gorgeous siamese....... and the one that stole my heart.....

the most loving and scritch demanding purring machine ever.......a stunning tortie girl!! 1yr old....... man!! in other circumstances I sooooo would´ve taken her...

sooo I left there with a big sadness in my heart.... I sooo wish things were different and I were able to take her.... I know she will find a loving home, she so deserves it, as well as all of the other kitties there, but she certainlñy was a very special lady......

I really need to stop looking at kitties...... It makes me fall for them so bad....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Husky Mom,

I wish you were closer. I have a sweet 1 year old mama who was just spayed and it a love bug!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh come on & give in to having a kitty baby.. You will never regret it..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm sure you must have posted on an earlier thread why you can't have a cat but would you mind refreshing my memory? The 4 year old cat stood out in your story. It's so difficult for older cats (ok, she's not old but she's not a kitten) to find a permanent home. Your heart seems to be telling you something different from what your head is saying. Am I wrong?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thats The Hardest Thing To Do And Thats To Walk Away From These Wonderful Cats Who Through No Fault Of Thier Own Are In Cages.
    I Cant Go In And Look Anymore As I Know That I Cannot Help Them In Any Way.
    I Snuck Some Chicken Into Them Once, But Was Asked Not To As That Raised Thieexpectations And Gave Them Flase Hopes Of Adoption.
    Thats So Sad To See Them So Hopeful At First, And Then To See Them As Thier Hope Slowly Fades Away.
    I Wish The People Who Gave Them Up, Or "lost" Them Could Be In Thier Paws For A Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

well....... there are several thing involved.....

1.- having Huskies.... who have killed cats before (not mine, just suicide cats that came into my backyard) not proud about it but they are high prey driven dogs...

2.- having now birds inside: would need to train the cat because dogs are out and kitty will need to stay in.

3.- having a hubby who´s not an animal person at ALL.... (he´s already freaked by my current ones)

4.- particularty these cats are in USA so I would have to get to know crossing-the-border regulations in order to get one over with me...

out of all these if I were not married and were able to get a kitty across the border..... I wouldn´t have doubted and would have been posting a new addition as of now .... I had the $$ for the fee this time as I had my crhistmas stash with me at the time hehe.....

I wish sometime I can get one as lovely and cute and adorable as this girl....

oh and the 4yr girl was surrendered becuase his dad had to went to army overseas or something like that was on her sheet.... so sad...
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

All good reasons, that's for sure, especially the first two. Well, we can only do what we can do and no more. You would be complicating your life and endangering the lives of the cat and birds if you brought a cat home, so you're making the wise albeit difficult decision. I have just the opposite situation. I've been wanting a dog. I had dogs for 20 some years before I started in cat rescue. A good friend of mine had one and just got two more and it really made me want one badly. But I'm stretched enough in finances and time constraints and my fur posse of 7 probably wouldn't take too well to a dog at this point. Three of them were around when I had Heidi my border collie but that was a loooong time ago and I doubt that they'd take to another dog. Ah well, we can dream, can't we?
    Blessings,
    Mary

I used to shop at Petsmart located between work and home. Then a new store opened up very close to where I live. Great, right? Just one problem - the adoptable cat room is strategically placed on the same side of the store where all the other cat items are! You almost have to go past them in order to get to the cashier. So, I switched back to the first one, where the adoptable cat room is on the "dog" side of the store. Every time I visit the adoptable kittehs I want to bring them ALL home. That is just not an option, though. When I am tempted, I remind myself how Cassie would like it - not much at all. And she would not hesitate to communicate that by any means necessary.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

yes....... I´m only left to dream about it........

I actually never considered a cat as a pet...... I mean I love them but just never consider them.... until I came here ....... good and bad thing...

I hope people that join here and are able to do so.... go an adopt those cuties......

I hope someday I can make my dream come true whee I can get a kitty, keep my birds and have my beloved dogs.......

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I used to shop at Petsmart
    I can't do it. There's a Pet Supplies Plus near me and they hardly ever have animals for adoption there. Either that or I go there at just the right time, thank goodness. I turn into a 3 year old and start crying and want to take them all home w/me.
    Blessings,
    Mary