Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I GOT ONE!!!!!!

I GOT ONE!!!!!!

Hey everyone - I am now the proud owner of a 9 week old, white, short haired, sweetest, most adorable chihuahua My son in law's sister called me last night and let me know I could have one of her babies so I went over there and picked out my little girl. I've named her Tess. I'm so, so excited - today I go to Pet Smart and get all I need for the care of my little doll. I know she's going to be a challenge - it's been a long, long time since I've had a dog and I really don't know a lot about them. So get ready guys - I'll be asking questions on Pet Talk. Thank you Barberi for your prayers of me getting this baby - I know you said long-haired, but I think little Tess will be just wonderful. I know I'm going to have a hard time working today

Oh purrley CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!You know of course that we will need pictures ASAP!!! When I brought Bella into my home after almost three years without a dog I was a little concerned too, mostly with the transition with the cats. I know you will get lots of advice from our Pet Talk folks here as to how to be a "dog mommy" once again. If I can help I will be glad to! Oh, and did I say PICTURES?

Former User Guest
    CONGRATULATIONS Purrley!!!!!!! I've been following the other thread where you were disgussing about getting this baby, and was hoping you would. Well, now you've got her, WOW!!!!!!!!

You must be so excited now, I remember how I was when I got my dog...
    I hope you have lots of fun with the new baby and hey, we want to see pictures

Congratulations, Purrley!!!!

Can't wait to meet the little girl, and we want to see her ALOT!!!!

WOO HOO!! a Chi-who-a-who-a!!

Congrats on the new pupper!!

Now post pictures please we all want to
    take a gander at the new family member.

Did I miss a name???

It's Tess, AugieH!

Oh purrely, how exciting! I am so happy for you. I can smell the puppy breath through the screen.

I had my eye on a chi and was supposed to go look at her this weekend. I just got a call that she got adopted. It made me sad coz I really wanted her, but I am glad that she has a home now.

Good luck with Tess. I am sure we will be hearing about her antics soon enough!

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Congrats!!!!!

Oh horray!!! How EXCITING!!! Please, please take lots of pics SOOON!!!

Tess is a cute name, I had a chinchilla named Tess years ago I like white dogs, too. She sounds adorable!

Congratulations!

Sorry I missed the name..
    I'll just head over yonder and sit in the corner with the dunce hat on....

May you & Tess have many long happy years together. We had a sweet little mixed-breed dog called Tess & she lived until she was 22 years of age. She was greatly loved.
    Marie

Purrley, I know God listens to prayers but WOW that was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful Christmas and New Year's present I did say 'long-haired' but you know what? A chihuahua is a chihuahua, long-hair or not. I'm so thrilled for you, I can't stop saying it. Tess is a beautiful name. Just promise that you'll take A LOT of pictures so we can see her.

Can you take one now that's she's tiny? She must be absolutely beautiful.

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: Barbiro ]
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Barbiro - I'm planning on tons of pictures and film is among all the things I'm going to buy today She is so very precious. I'm so excited - getting ready right now to go to Pet Smart and get supplies. I'll get the pictures out just as soon as I can - won't be for a while, but they will come. I know I'm going to need some help in the coming weeks on her care so I hope you'll be available. I'm really nervous - I want her to be happy and get along well with my cats. This will be a challenge, but I think I'm up to it. Thanks for the prayers Now you can pray she'll love me as much as I know I'm going to love her!!!!Oh by the way Barbiro - do yu give your babies Heartworm meds year round?

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Awwwww Purrley {{{grabbing a tissue, you have me all teary}}} I'm positive with your attitude and love towards pets that she will adore you. I just can't wait to see her!

One thing I forgot to mention before is that chihuahuas like to cover their face with a blanket when they sleep; all 4 chihuahuas I know (including Buffy and Tobi) do that when they fall asleep, plus they get chilled easily so if it's colder than 65 degrees they need to wear a sweater. Just thought maybe should might want to get her a fluffly thick blanket, or two, for her bed. The heartworm meds are a necessity year-round. Buffy takes a pill on a monthly basis, plus my daughter treats her like a car by giving her a tune-up at the vets once in a while to make sure she's ok.

You are going to be so happy! Just holler if you have ANY questions; I'm addicted to this forum and check it every day Congrats again!

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: Barbiro ]
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Ooooooooooooooooooooh! Yipppeeeeeeeeee!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Congrats Purrley! How thrilled you must be, shopping for all the baby stuff! And you have Barbiro to guide you every step of the way re: being a Chi Mom!! GET THE FILM!!! I'm so sincerely thrilled for you. Why do I feel like "Barb" is the aunt or godmother or something?? Say hi to darling Tess, and smooch her ALL OVER for me! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~