Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mars Inc in ANIMAL TEST HORROR

I think PETA started out with good intentions most likely but just seems to have taken off a life of its own. I know you have pets my point was just that what we all think they may represent has most likely gone sort of nutty now.

Miss Z, Do you have PETA in the UK?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Rather than boycotting boycotting boycotting, people should be trying to get a more credible, objective group to conduct an investigation into the company and their tests. Constructive measures work better than whining and they breed less hatred. People hate PETA because they don't do anything constructive, they just use negativity to get their word across.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

look, i know i'll be called a hipocrite for this, but,
    i dont agree with some ways that PETA campaigns, and
    i dont think that animals shouldnt be kept as pets. yeah, PETA are v.extreme the way they handle alot of things. BUT, i dont instantly discredit PETA for actions theyve done, i was 9 when i saw the first graphic pictures of animal cruelty (fox hunting, now banned in the UK) from a league against cruel sports magazine (which i am a member of ) , and then i found PETA and the battery hen trust and ive seen more graphic pictures and found an everlasting way of how to stop it.

please read this next bit carefully before instantly bringing out the guns on me again:
    even if this is fake, (which i am convinced its not, yet some people sway the other way) animal testing still happens at the hands of humans, and i know its wrong. im prepared to avoid any and all companies with even accusations of animal testing. if there could be an air raid and bombs would fall, i'd jump into the bomb shelter until i knew the threat had passed.
    yes, i can take your criticism, and im not one to clam free speech down at all as its a right women and men had to fight for in the first place, so if you have something to criticise, or a point to make (thats preferably not personal attacks,) please add to the discussion

thank you so much for the sig ellie! (whisk_luva)
    Jades animal friends;Pickle;RB Blue;RB Purple;Mitz
    RB Peanuts;RB Sweetie;Puss Puss;William
    RB Ripple- 1996-23/7/2007;Treacle;Spot;Red

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

As long as unnatural ingredients are used, animal testing has to be done. I don't argue that because I am allergic to a lot of skin care products that are not tested on animals. However, the means in which the tests are done and how the animals are treated needs to be improved, majorly. Honestly, we don't need to be making animals swim around and find a platform in order to test a product unless the product is meant to be used while swimming.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Yes, animal testing happens. In many cases it is legally required. If you want to avoid all products developed using animal testing in their development, I hope you're prepared to eschew all modern medical products in their entirety. After all, they were developed using animal testing.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Yes, animal testing happens. In many cases it is legally required. If you want to avoid all products developed using animal testing in their development, I hope you're prepared to eschew all modern medical products in their entirety. After all, they were developed using animal testing.
    yes, i know thats true. medical may be required, but
    hairspray?
    lipstick?
    eyeliner?
    mascara?
    candy?
    theres thousands of them, so do we really need another one at the expense of a baby rabbits eyes, or a kittens skin etc?

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

im prepared to avoid any and all companies with even accusations of animal testing.
    Which is it?

As to food products, any additives should be thoroughly tested before consumption by humans, and what is used in candy is more than likely used in more than just candy. Chances are it is used in other food products as well.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Which is it?

As to food products, any additives should be thoroughly tested before consumption by humans, and what is used in candy is more than likely used in more than just candy. Chances are it is used in other food products as well.
    i fully understand where your coming from, please allow me to clarify some things:
    • i believe mars tests on animals
    • i dont support animal testing
    • im not going to buy any of their products
    • i would advise anyone to follow suit
    • i understand this may be exaggerated
    • i avoid animal tested products whenever i can

just in case i'd muddled anyone up.

Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

In the US, animal testing is required for food additives.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~redbook/red-ivb1.html#necr

In the US, animal testing is required for food additives.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~redbook/red-ivb1.html#necr
    but humans are different than animals. they have different systems, how one thing affects animals could affect humans differently. we have willing volunteers and human tissue samples etc to test things on, so why do we still harm animals? they bleed, they feel pain, yet they suffer in silence, and all in vain.
    this is why im against animal testing.

Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

I wonder how chocolate or Tylenol passed their animal testing since
    they are both fatal to dogs. Did they kill the animals anyway?

Animal testing,as is, an outmoded method of testing & because it is still
    codified in law doesn't make it right. We can change law in this country
    and I hope more people, after they are aware of the law, will agree to
    change it. There are now newer scientific means of testing that do not
    require killing animals.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Chocolate has been around for centuries before animals testing. The chocolate itself is already known to be safe for humans, but they do test how much can do good or harm, and they test other additives to the chocolate. And you bet they did testing to find that the theobromide is what kills dogs.
    Tylenol has a similar history.

Sure, we can use mechanical tests to see if something is innately safe, but what about long term studies? What if something was safe to eat, but gave you cancer 40 years later because the mechanical tests couldn't predict that reaction within the body over those years?

Chocolate wouldn't require testing, it's a food, not an additive, and has been consumed by humans for ages.

If you want to change the law, then start a push to change the law.....but make damned sure your different testing methods have the same predictive accuracy that a multi-generational animal study does.

If PETA spent their time working with the scientific community and developing a testing regimen, they might actually do some good. Instead they prefer to deal with terrorists, shock children, and cost people their jobs. After all, hard to get press when you're engaged in serious science. That takes time and logic, as opposed to their preferred methods of shock, slander and playing on emotions.

If you want to change the law, then start a push to change the law.....but make damned sure your different testing methods have the same predictive accuracy that a multi-generational animal study does.

Change will come, I'm sure of it and it can't happen soon enough for me.

Scientists have been working towards this goal for years now. But none
    of it would have happened if they had not been nudged along by groups
    such as PETA. Raising awareness is their job & commuicateing our concerns
    about animal testing to our lawmakers is everyone's job.

http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display...ax_subject=183
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I found a online list of companies that test on animals but it's hardly all inclusive, it includes post it notes and scotch tape and most likely any other brand of tape will be tested on animals too. guess the glue part they make them eat and or put on the skin and watch for reactions. So if you don't believe in animal testing you can't use any adhesives like tape or post it notes.

http://pw2.netcom.com/~axleplus/stuf...f/company.html