Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major ice storm coming -prayers please

Major ice storm coming -prayers please

According to the weather channel and our local weather guys, a major ice storm is taking a bead on us. The weather channel even names our town as one of the ones in line for major ice accumilation.

That means probably power outtages. Which means no heat for me and lots of us. The storm is to start tomorrow night (Saturday) and continue through Tuesday.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Momo, do you have lots of canned food just in case? How about lots of flashlights??

Major prayers on the way my friend!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

MOFF, I hope the storm won't be as bad as predicted. Hope you have stocked up on food that doesn't need to be cooked. Have you got lots of candles? Or gas to cook and keep warm.

Sending positive thoughts. Be safe!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Do you have a fireplace and lots of wood? You can roast hot dogs, etc. if necessary. Hopefully, you won't need to. Let's pray that the storm is averted.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

MOFF. Pittsburgh prayers and WARM thoughts are coming to you and to the other families that live in your town that this ice storm isn't as severe as they predicted, and that everyone is safe and warm.

Thanks everyone. No fireplace or any form of heat if the power goes off. My furnace is gas but it has an electrical blower and won't come on without it. So I will be very very cold if the power goes off.

I think my cook stove will work if the power goes off. It does have electric igniters to turn the burners on. I think since the stove is gas, the burners can be lit with a match if the electricity is off though.

Got the cats all stocked up with food and cat litter and treats. That's the most important thing, eh?

I did stock up on batteries and groceries too. I just hate ice storms.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Well, your safety is the main thing. Take good care of yourself first so that you can take care of your furkids.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I can definitely relate to the lack of heat worry... my furnace has been semi- functional the past week, and we think it's finally fixed today (after 3 visits). It's been darn cold here in PA (temps in the 20s during the day), so waking up to house temps in the 50's has not been fun. I knew something was wrong when basically ALL the cats were on the bed with me in the AM, lol.

HUGS! Candles can produce a fair bit of heat in a small room - a bathroom, maybe?

I just hope your stove burners stay lit! Though you'd smell the gas if one went off, right? (worried mother hen here)

I hope your kitties all bundle up to keep you warm.

Or - even BETTER - that your power doesn't go out at all!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How scary! Hopefully the weatherguys are wrong this time. Please be safe. Having been through a few here, I bury myself under the covers! Good Luck!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh Moff, I hate ice storms too, they just scare the dickens out of me.

I sure Hope and Pray those Weather guys are off the mark on this one too.

We've got our toes and Paws all crossed up here in the Mitten, with pawsitive Prayers for you and your fuzzyfaces
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

we had an ice storm christmas 2004. i hung blankets over the doors to the other rooms, laid as many rugs on the floor as i could find and kept pots of water boiling in the kitchen 9our retreat) to keep the humidity up and the heat down low. b/c i was curious i brought a thermometer in the kitchen to check as well, inside the house it was 42...OH!!!! open all the cupboard doors under sinks and start a thin trickle of water, including garage and basements from all the faucets, heaven forbid, but busted pipes from freezing will ruin a lot of homes, opening them can prevent ice jams. do you know where the water spigot from into the house is?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Connie, worrying about you this morning. I hope we hear from you soon that you and the kitties are alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    HUGS! Candles can produce a fair bit of heat in a small room - a bathroom, maybe?

I just hope your stove burners stay lit! Though you'd smell the gas if one went off, right? (worried mother hen here)
    When I first moved in I was looking for the pilot lights on the cook stove, just in case I needed to relight them some day. Funny thing, this cook stove doesn't have pilot lights. When you turn the knob on, it starts an electric igniter- sort of like a flint used to make a spark, that spark ignites the gas and the burner comes on. Anyway, won't have to worry about a gas leak there. The furnace is the same way. I was worried about that too!

I did test the cook stove last night and it can be lit with a match. So I should still be able to cook.

Been raining and drizzling all day. So far the temp is 37 but we are under a freeze advisory for tonight and a winter storm watch until Tuesday!!!

Joyce got the water running in all faucets. I'd rather have a higher water bill than a broken pipe! I leared that the hard way!!! It's good to be reminded though.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts. I know they are helping. (((HUGS))) to you all!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Well if your guys are anything like mine when the heat goes out, you are going to be plenty warm at night (they will all sleep with you)

But the most important thing I have learned ... is to have a manual can opener! (During one of the hurricanes a few years back my neighbor's only had an electric one so they were always borrowing mine. )