Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police are going too far!!

Police are going too far!!

I just received this link in an e-mail and am sitting here stunned that something like this could have happened. This cop was way out of line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc

I honestly have to say I don't think the cop was out of line. If the guy would have just done as he was told none of that would have transpired.
    The cop made have went a little overboard, but you never know if someone is going to just whip out and gun and shoot you.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I don't see where this cop went too far......the gentleman passed the cop car speeding and was arguing, I would have worried over the fact that the gentleman had his hand near his and in his pocket, he should have taken his ticket, and driven off.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

How was the cop out of line, exactly?

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Sorry, but, I think the cop did exactly what he should have done. I would have tasered the female, too.

Even after being tasered, the guy still couldn't follow basic commands.

The officer used the taser exactly how he was supposed to.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I didn't watch the whole thing- but I can say if that were my brother or husband or father that was the cop I would want him to do whatever it took to come home at night.
    I know I watch a lot of tv but you just never know who will pull out a gun and shoot you for a routine traffic stop b/c you don't know what they are hauling that they don't want you to know about, firearms, drugs, dead bodies!!! ...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    I would have tasered the female, too.

Now that would have been overkill. Why didn't this guy just sign the dumb
    ticket & be done with it? The officer doesn't know these people & has to
    be prepared for the worst. The cop wants to go home to his family at night
    too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am with you on this Pam, I think this cop has an ego the size of utah and the police spokesperson conferred on that one. I think the driver was stupid not to just sign but is signing required, I don't know. I think the cop has some issues and he has the weapons and should have better judgement.

What kept jumping out at me is that if he is so worried for his safety why was he right next to speeding 18 wheel trucks? why not be on the other side of the car of pull over further? And to leave the tasered guy laying on the ground right buy the car, medical attention is suppose to be called for immediately after a taser, that was not done, that was straight from the highway patrol spokesman's mouth.

And the person who would taser a 6 and a half month pregnant women for having concern for her husband and a 15 month old baby in the car...give me a break, common sense was not used by either man.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

At least all he did was taser him.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That cop wasn't out of line one bit. The guy walked off after he told him he was under arrest and then REACHED for something in his pocket while he was walking away. That was idiotic on his part. I agree the cop was a bit of an ass after the incident, but I think he did exactly what he should have done given the circumstances. The guy didn't do anything to the lady, he just told her to get back into the car and still explained things to her very nicely when her husband was in custody. Women are just as capable of pulling a weapon and he had no idea who these people are. I would have done it too.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

My ex brother in law was a cop and has had fellow cops he knew shot and killed by people who seemed harmless. This man by this time was being put under arrest, and by walking away and ignoring the cop he was resisting arrest. For all the cop knew, he was going to get in the car and leave at best, or at worst pull a weapon. The use of the taser I think was appropriate.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

oh my god, just listening to that guy makes me want to taser him!

He reminds me of the student and the Kerry speech who was tasered, arrogant and whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    oh my god, just listening to that guy makes me want to taser him!

He reminds me of the student and the Kerry speech who was tasered, arrogant and whiny.
    I agree lol.

The only one taser moment I don't agree with is the one from Vancouver where the man died! The guy was in Canada and had NO clue how to speak english or how to get anywhere and maybe he had a few problems but everyone said he never tried to hurt anyone. He probably got scared from seeing the police with gun looking things and just yelling at him when he had no friggen idea what the hec they are saying to him, then instead of trying to get someone to speak his language, they just taser the poor man and he probably died from all the stress too! This is a quote from that event......

I believe they should have speacail officers that speak other languages.

http://abbink.blogspot.com/2007/10/v...kills-man.html

It’s quite clear that this was some sort of dispute that nobody was able to resolve because they had no idea what he was saying. Maybe they had his luggage? He did, in fact, throw a monitor on the ground, but he then sat quietly outside the gate in an office chair, apparently in protest. When the police arrived he threw his hands up and tried to walk away, but he was ordered to stop and he did.

That driver reminded me of thos kids who argued with Mama everytime she said "No!"..

I think the policeman was right to do what he did. When will those idiots learn to do as the policemen say and it will all be over with and the be on their way in a minute! I noticed that policeman was out there all by himself and he had to do what he had to do to keep himself safe( at first). That whole ordeal was drawn out far to long because of that idiot driver and how he acted.

You argue your case in COURT, not on the highway!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!