Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Rescued" a pug today! UPDATE!! She is chipped!

"Rescued" a pug today! UPDATE!! She is chipped!

I usually post on the cat side, but I know this should be here! First, I must explain that I am moving in the morning! So you can imagine what my current place looks like! Boxes, boxes, everywhere! I left around noon today to run a couple of errands and then get back to packing, and as soon as I turned out of my apt. complex, I see a cute little pug running in the street! (And this is a busy street!) No collar! So I "park" my car sideways in the road, blocking traffic so the little sweetie doesn't get hit! I got out and tried to coax her into the car.... she kept running around it and out into the street again! Finally, she just jumped into the open car door and sat in the passenger seat! So I hop in again, pull to the curb and think.... "My goodness, what do I do now that I have you?" She was a sweetie, never growling or barking or anything, she just leaned against me and let me pet her! Off we went to the ASPCA.... which is close by. They couldn't take her as they were full, so they gave me the numbers of 3 rescue groups in the area. I called all 3, and got no answer! I knew that I should be home packing, but I couldn't just let this little girl loose again.... so off we went to the store for some food and water! While on the way, one of the rescue groups called me back! She could take her, but I would have to bring her to her house since she was babysitting some young ones. Yep.... she lives about 30 minutes from where I was! So off we went. She was such a good girl in the car. She let me pet her and layed on the seat and went to sleep! When we got there, the resuce lady thought she might be in heat! She was going to take her to the vet that afternoon (after babysitting duty!) to check for chip and to get her checked out. If no chip, she would post for a found dog in all of the regular places. I felt good about leaving "Puggly" there! I will call in a few days to check on her and see if her owners have been found. Here's hoping she was microchipped and is maybe even back home with her family. She seemed very well behaved and loving, so I am sure she got out by mistake. Okay, I am done rambling.... just wanted to share me adventure today!
    Last edited by Donnaj4962; 11-30-2007 at 08:09 PM.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

What a great post for your 2,000th post! Congratulations, and if you hear anything, let us know!

I'm so glad you posted this! Thanks so much for blocking traffic and saving a puggly life. Sure hope she's chipped and healthy and finds her owners quickly! It was a Thanksgiving Day for your little friend. Thanks again, you did great!

I've been Boooo'd!

Yes, running around in the street on "black Friday" is definitely not a good idea. I am so glad that you were there to help this little sweetie girl. Thanks for taking the time, and caring enough, to get her in a safe place.

YEAHHH for you!!

I hope we hear good news from you soon about her.
    Paws crossed that she finds her owner!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

That's the SPIRIT!!

Awwwe, that's wonderful what you did for that pug!

Hope her owners were found.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I hope that "Puggly" finds her way home! Here's to you for helping this sweet puppy find a rescue & getting her out of traffic. Fingers crossed that everything will work out for her.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way to rescue this little girl. Have you heard anything from the rescue group?

Thanks for the kind words from everyone, but really.... I just did what I knew needed to be done!

I have been so busy with settling into my new place and work, that I haven't had a chance to call about little Puggly. I will do my best to call today and give everyone an update.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Well done you!!! Hope Puggly is now safe at home and you are settled too
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Great job! Thank you!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I can't wait to find out if she found her owner!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

I'm a bit surprised her owners never found her, but it sounds like she's getting a lot of TLC! That's great! I hope her widdle leg heals well. Thankfully it wasn't worse. Sounds like another Pug Princess has emerged!

I've been Boooo'd!