Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Rescued" a pug today! UPDATE!! She is chipped!

Well, no one else did "What needed to be done" now did they.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962
    Thanks for the kind words from everyone, but really.... I just did what I knew needed to be done! ...

I have a feeling it'll all turn out OK anyhow.
    Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!
    Thank you for reporting in. Poor little puggily. Maybe the pain she is experiencing is causing her reaction to the other dogs. Maybe her leg was hurt the day you found her and you saved her from something far worse. I hope that if she has humans that love her (and she just got out and ran off) that they will find her. I am sure she will *bloom* in the right home.

I hope she feels better soon and finds a great home!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Sorry it has taken me so long for another update! Life has been busy with work and the move and trying to clean the old place.... ANYWAY....

I called the rescue place again today, and "Pugly" was microchipped. The owners were called, but would you believe it, they haven't called back! They were called 2 days ago! Apparently Pugly got loose back in 2005 and the local Animal Control required she get microchipped before they would release her to her owners. The rescuer is giving the owners until Monday, and if she hasn't heard from them, she is considering taking her back to Animal Care and Control. Unfortunately, while we were talking, her grandbaby got hurt and she had to hang up before I could get any more information. I will call her again tomorrow. Please pray for sweet Pugley. I want her back with her owners, but NOT if they aren't going to care for her properly. I am hoping there is a reasonable explanation as to why there hasn't been a phone call.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

The rescuer is giving the owners until Monday, and if she hasn't heard from them, she is considering taking her back to Animal Care and Control. Unfortunately, while we were talking, her grandbaby got hurt and she had to hang up before I could get any more information. I will call her again tomorrow. Please pray for sweet Pugley. I want her back with her owners, but NOT if they aren't going to care for her properly. I am hoping there is a reasonable explanation as to why there hasn't been a phone call.

I'm confused...why would the rescue turn her back over to Animal Control? If her owners don't call, this seems like a death sentence to me, espically if she is hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom
    I'm confused...why would the rescue turn her back over to Animal Control? If her owners don't call, this seems like a death sentence to me, espically if she is hurt
    I don't know why either ... and like I said, she had to hang up the phone before I oculd ask anymore questions! The rescue place seemed so nice and I was quite surprised when she made that comment. I hope and pray that I misunderstood what she was saying! As I was thinking about things last night, I was thinking maybe she was going to let Animal Care and Control deal with the parents.... not that she would take Pugly back to them. You are right though, it would be a death sentence. I am in no position to take Pugly as a forever dog, but I know several people who I am sure would take her in BEFORE we would allow her to go back to AC&C.

I have LOTS to get done again this weekend, but I will call her back and get more answers and I will post again when I can!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

You have been such a guardian angel for this sweet little pug girl. I hope there is a good reason why her owners haven't contacted the foster home yet (maybe they are away). Not sure what she meant about turning her over to Animal Control, but I assume it has something to do with the medical care that she needs.

Thanks for keeping track of this little girl!

If it does seem like she is going to be turned back over with no chance, let us know...there are enough of us in the surrounding states, we should be able to come up with some option for her!!

Thanks everyone! I wish I could take her in, but I am just not financially able to do so. With a 19 year old cat, the vet bills seem to be more frequent than before. I know you all understand.

I wasn't able to call today to check on her. I will do my best tomorrow and I will update everyone then!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha