Thread: I decided to take the trip today!

I decided to take the trip today!

I couldn’t wait any longer…I was going to take the trip to the shelter on the 30th, but just knowing dogs were sitting in a cage at the pound, not being able to enjoy the chicken broth or turkey juice that our dogs enjoyed yesterday, just breaks my heart.
    So…I took the trip today! And guess who I came home with?
    Eely, Lily & DiMaggio!
    Eely is a 1 ½ year old, beautiful Greyhound x Lab. He is black, with a sleek, lean and slim body and a curly tail. His face is slimmer than a lab face, too. He’s very hyper and LOVES to run, and he and Tege are best buds. They love to swim, run, and play rough together. Tege finally has someone to keep his restless mind busy!
    Lily is a 9 month old black Labrador. She and Tege LOVE to play together, with Eely in between She fits in great!
    DiMaggio is a 8 month old black and tan pug. He’s shy and really submissive towards the other dogs but I know he’ll warm up to everything!
    I am not planning on taking another trip to the shelter real soon…but I know I will sooner or later…probably before Christmas if I know myself at all

Oh, and I got pictures of them all…I will post them later today or tomorrow.

can't wait to see some pics!

A jr. Glacier on our hands? you have so many dogs!
    Your lucky that you have everything they need to have so many and more.
    Can't wait for pictures.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Yippee!!

I wish I had the room (and an understanding/patient husband ) to adopt more dogs.

I'd adopt all the older black dogs at my local shelter because those are always the ones to be adopted last.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new additions!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

12 dogs now...500000000000000000 soon No, I won't go THAT far..but how do I know exactly WHEN to stop LOL??? You guys better stop me when it starts going crazy at my house

Yippee!!

I wish I had the room (and an understanding/patient husband ) to adopt more dogs.

I'd adopt all the older black dogs at my local shelter because those are always the ones to be adopted last.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new additions!!
    Any guys who used to come to my house ran as soon as they saw how many dogs I had Luckily I have a lovable husband now who just shakes his head when I bring another dog home, then he just laughs and makes friends with the dogs. He knows me that well heheh And even if he tried to stop me, he knows I would never stop rescuing more dogs...I didn't know black dogs usually get adopted last...wonder why? Just cause theyre black? Sometimes people are just stupid. Just like the old times with black people, I see? Racist towards dogs, too?

A jr. Glacier on our hands? you have so many dogs!
    Your lucky that you have everything they need to have so many and more.
    Can't wait for pictures.
    Yeah hehehe, but doesn't she sled with her pupparoos? No huskies to sled with right now for me, unfortunetly. And I've never sled yet anyway...dunno if I'd have the energy too...my dogs are too spoiled to do it anyway, they'd turn around and look at me like "EXCUSE ME? YOUR PULL THIS FRIGGIN SLED!!!"

Wow Im jealous. I wish we had the land (and no subdivision 2-dog rule) so I could rescue dogs like you do. Thats such an awesome thing to do!

Its amazing that you can just come home with 3 new dogs whenever you feel like it. Theyre very lucky pups!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by SaveThePoundDogs
    but how do I know exactly WHEN to stop LOL???

I'd say it's time to stop when:

1) you no longer have proper room for the dogs to play or be separated when necessary

2) you don't have the time to properly play with them, excersize them, groom them or pick up the poop in the yard

3) you can't afford the routine annual vet visits and medications they need plus a bit extra for emergencies

If you've got all of those things covered then you probably don't need to worry.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Lucky! I too wish I had the room, the money and the time for so many dogs. 'm going to the humane society this morning, but I'm only taking my little brother so he can look at them all. Can't wait to see pics of your new guys.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

It's also a good idea to have a financial cushion in case of a medical emergency.

If you are living paycheck to paycheck because of how many pets you have, then it is time to start adopting some of them out.

You won't be doing any of them any good if you over extend your finances or physical abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    I'd say it's time to stop when:

1) you no longer have proper room for the dogs to play or be separated when necessary

2) you don't have the time to properly play with them, excersize them, groom them or pick up the poop in the yard

3) you can't afford the routine annual vet visits and medications they need plus a bit extra for emergencies

If you've got all of those things covered then you probably don't need to worry.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

You adopted more dogs?
    Wow.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone