Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I "get" to have All Four of my Wisdom Teeth out Tomorrow at 9:00 AM!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    You can still have your Turkey Dinner ...
    Just tell Mom to toss yours in the Blender for a few minutes,
    then add some Vodka for "gravey" ... and Sipp it down with a big straw.
    Now that's my kind of turkey dinner!!!!
    Kelly, I story and not meaning to scare you and keep in mind this happened before you were born....yeah, that long ago.....1971 to be exact!
    I had all four of my teeth pulled at once. The 4 beautiful pink pills they gave me an hour ahead of time helped to take me "far far away". Trouble is, after the sir jury oral hygiene was not emphasized by the dentist, at least not to me that is. So I had mine pulled on a Thursday. By Saturday I was in so much pain I was ready to die. Another trip to the dentist proved that my gums had become badly infected (yes all 4) and I had to have them all cut open again, drained and cleansed and stitched up again. Never in my life have I experienced so much pain all at once....not even my cancer sir jury last year.

Now, things have changed alot since then but one thing remains the same. Rinse, rinse, and more rinsing. If you can't open your mouth wide enough to fit in a toothbrush, then have your Mom buy some oral rinse. Oh yes, and did I say rinse??

...and yes, I had to suck blenderized food through a straw for about a week but my circumstances were different.

Thinking of you today sweetie!!! Please come and post an update if you feel like it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh Kelly, you should be out of surgery by now. How I feel for you - having these teeth removed just isn't any fun.

But on the brighter side - you will be very Thankful they are gone!
    Take good care of yourself and I hope all heals very fast for you.

Thinking of you!

And pay close attention when they give you instructions on preventing Dry Sockets!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I'm Thankful That.....My Life is NEVER BORING????

Seriously???? Not only am I in WORSE pain, but I've ALREADY got dry socket in my two lower um...sockets (????)

The sir-jury wasn't bad at all. My oral surgeon, his sir-jury crew and staff are all FAB-U-lous, I love the heck outta them, and thats not the meds talking, I swear! I went to sleep, didn't even remember that part, I only remember him asking me if the Fentanyl was making me feel all calm and happy (yes, it is, why thank you Doc!) Then I felt something really painful in my mouth and I remembering trying to protest because I was hurting and then no pain at all and then later having his nurse waking me up.

His office gave Jerry (my step-dad) and I a gift-card to Jamba Juice (fruit smoothie place popular in CA/west coast) and was told to go get a smooth WITHOUT SEEDS, NO STRAWS and to promptly take my pain pills and then put myself to bed. I got that smoothie all over myself...I looked cute, let me tell you! I'm sure Jerry enjoyed that. He isn't one for messes.

Once home, I put myself to bed and slept the anesthesia away and then awoke to a whole lotta pain. Fun stuff! Took my meds, removed all that icky gauze and was bleeding, so I had to put more in my mouth and proceeded to look like a chipmunk - in case you're wondering, I'm a kind cute chipmunk.

That night was rough...and it has proceeded to be rough...as I said, I have "dry socket" in both lower surgical sites or sockets (??) and had to go back in today while the nurse cleaned out my mouth (OUCH) and packed my sockets (I have sockets. fun.) with a numbing, medicinal, YUCKY, concoction that has cloves in it. My mouth tastes like cloves, ALL THE TIME now. After that experience, my mouth/teeth felt a tiny bit better....and then felt worse again. I called them again this afternoon and they called in more meds for me and told me not to chew ANYTHING. I am to live off of things like yogurt, applesauce, pudding, ice cream, juice, milk, smoothies, etc. Sounds good to me, as eating hurt like heck anyway, even if it was just a roll or cranberry bread for Thanksgiving - of which I had barely any of and was the resident chipmunk.

Oh, and it doesn't help that the parents don't even realize that I've had SURGERY on all four of these teeth. Ugh...they've expected me to help with Thanksgiving - the cooking, the serving, the taking down of the decorations. I'm so THANKFUL they're finally gone now - out shopping finally out of my hair. Praise God I'm finally alone and can recuperate on my own. Thank you God!!!

Thank you PTers for your concern and well wishes. I'll try and report back over the weekend.

Hugs and Love,
    Kelly and her Sockets!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Ouch! ~~~ healing vibes ~~~ and {{{gentle hugs}}} dear.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you. I seem to remember that when I had my wisdom out that I was told to be sure to leave the guaze that they packed my sockets with in my mouth. They would remove it in a few weeks or so. Part of it started coming out but I had to just leave it alone. Luckliy I didn't have any problems. I sure hope that you'll heal quickly and be able to remain painfree. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I knew having all 4 out at one time would be no walk in the park..HOWEVER, soon all the pain will be gone and all that be behind you and life will be normal again. That day will come soon so just hang in there!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thank you all so much for the kind words and healing thoughts. Today is the first day I actually feel OK...I haven't had to take any of the pain meds for my mouth at all...something I didn't think possible these past few days - even yesturday!

I have to say, if I didn't have all four taken out, there is NO WAY I'd go back for more of this "fun". But....I think it really had more to do with me getting that dry socket the next day after surgery. That is the pain that I couldn't stand. It felt different from the surgical pain, it was this throbbing, radiating, stabbing, horrible pain - "worst pain, EVER" category. As soon as I went back into Dr. Rahn's office on Friday a.m. and they cleaned out my cute little sockets (yay!) and put that icky, yet numby clove medicine in, it help the pain after a few days - just look at me now!! I'm still being VERY cautious about eating ANYTHING because that part hurts, but I can talk and yawn without crying, which is a great.

Thank you!!!!

Love, Kelly and her sockets!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Just gotta say "Kelly and the Sockets" sounds like a rock band!

Glad you are feeling better.