Thread: Six pets intentionally poisoned near San Antonio

Six pets intentionally poisoned near San Antonio

I don't care if this does get moved to the Doghouse, but this is URGENT and i know many PTers never even set foot in there. Pet's lives are at stake here.

If you know anyone who lives in that area please let them know!

-------------------------

http://www.khou.com/news/state/stori...d.7033ecc.html

Six pets intentionally poisoned near San Antonio

(Video on web article)
    Caption: Six animals died in one night.

01:29 PM CST on Thursday, November 15, 2007

KENS-TV staff report

Wilson County deputies are trying to figure out who is silently poisoning pets in the Legacy Ranch Subdivision, south of La Vernia.

Authorities say in one night, six animals — four dogs and two cats — died after they were fed ground beef laced with chemicals.

“I’m worried because that’s, first of all, a crime. We don’t need this in our neighborhood,” dog owner Elana McFabin said.

McFabin has kept her dog Angel on a leash for the first time in his three-year life.

“We’re so afraid to let them outside to do their thing,” she said.

Other neighbors are also afraid.

“It was intentional,” dog owner Dina Ybanez said. “I don’t understand why people would take it to that extreme.”

Wilson County Sheriff Joe D. Tackett Jr. says it appears the animals were targeted. With so many small children in the area, neighbors and authorities are wondering what other extremes the situation could reach.

“It can get to a child as well,” McFabin said.

“You know, the bigger issues here: We could be working homicide,” Tackett said.

If you have any information about the poisonings, call the Wilson County Crime Stoppers at (830) 393-4636.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

SICK!

That happens here all the time, and it makes me so angry, especially when you know who is doing it, but have no proof.

Oh how horrible!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

How aweful!
    I know of a few people from San Antonio on another forum -- do you mind if I crosspost?

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

I don't mind at all. I do ask that you follow the link though and see if you can find any Copyright info. I always try to find it and post it with articles, but i couldn't see it anywhere. (The site might mind the cross posting... but for cripes sakes, Pets lives!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide
    ...I know of a few people from San Antonio on another forum -- do you mind if I crosspost?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.