Thread: Another "Please help my Betta!" thread

Threaded View

Another "Please help my Betta!" thread

I couldn't find what i was looking for so i'll post about Ouko's dilemma here.

sorry that the picture isn't of better quality. All i have available at the time being is a camera phone. This was taken of him a few minutes ago.

We got Ouko about two years ago and we've been fighting with this fungus or whatever it is almost since we got him. He used to be a BEAUTIFUL teal based rainbow with a few other colors thrown in. Well, those scales were all gone and the layer under that was disappearing.

We now don't let his water temp get below 74F(try and keep it a bit warmer.) We got him tank salt. We feed him Bio Gold and frozen blood worms (fresh when available in spring before Mosquito Control sprays.)

Got him some Tetracycline II... cleared up the frayed fins, but not the missing scales. Got him some Melafix... took care of the missing scales, but the fins were fraying again. Used a combo of both and he was finally doing better. Even had a patch on each side of the color scales growing back. He even made a bubble nest for the first time since we got him.

Ran out of the TcII and now have Maracyn-Two. Even before that Ouko's sickness was starting to get bad again.

We've been treating him for two years now. HELP!!! This boy deserves to live a happy peaceful life! He's so special and so full of love. (Most here would probably think i'm nuts.... but i can talk to him... when he's not all doped up. That's how we came by his name... I asked him and he told me. I had to go look it up to find out what it means.) I want him to be healthy again... especially before his time comes.

Our last Betta passed away probably from dropsy... we were never able to cure him from it

Our fish guy moved away and we haven't had luck with fish since.

---

Of course he looked nothing like this one, but its teal reminded me of some of his teal. http://www.siamsbestbettas.com/images/betta1.jpg

He really had very little red visible on him when he was healthy.

---

Opps... forgot to mention. Since the image is fuzzy, you can't see it, but his eyes are clear(look good) and he himself has nothing fuzzy looking on him.

---
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crow_noir; 11-19-2007 at 05:00 AM. Reason: adding info...

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.