Thread: Little Girl Kitty

Little Girl Kitty

The last couple of months I had seen a pretty little white and orange cat near my house but too scared to come near me. Late Wednesday night when I got home, I heard meowing near the porch and there was the little kitty. When I picked her up I was surprised at how light she felt and when I got her inside I could see that she was literally skin and bones; she hadn't eaten for weeks from the look of her. I offered her some canned food but she was too weak to eat. I gave her some baby food by syringe and she threw up. She was able to keep down some water. Poor little girl was so cold. I wrapped her in towel on top of heating pad and isolated her from my other cats. I took her to vet first thing Thursday morning but vet said that kitty was in such bad shape that it would be a kindness to let her go. She died peacefully. I felt so guilty - she had bravely come to the house looking for help but it was too late to save her. I feel so guilty not being able to help her and not getting her into my house weeks ago. At least she died knowing that she was loved, if even for a little while.

Karly

This is so sad. You did everything you could for her and at least she didn't die alone and she knew what love was. RIP sweet girl.

Someone once told me that sometimes we can only save them for a day. Little girl kitty knew the warmth and kindness of the human touch at least for a day and it was because of you. She's at peace now and will never be hungry or cold again. RIP, little girl kitty.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

RIP baby girl.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Bless you for helping her.

Rest in Peace sweet kitty.

From Decker with Love

The Llittle Kitty Is Now Carmen In Memory Of Carmen Miranda As The Angels Are All In Brazil, Exploring That Magnificent Country.
    And Precious And Samuel Have Adopted Her Into Thier Family. I Feel The Same Frustration When The Really Shy Porch Cats Are Afraid Of Me When All I Want To Do Is Put Some Food Down For Them.
    Carmen Will Be There, All Filled Out , When Its Time For You To Travel To Pet Paradise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How sad you must feel, but remember that you did your best to help her, and she passed on finally knowing love, kindness and human touch. Her soul will always remember, and someday you may meet another kitty, and it will be her, coming back in feline form but maybe different coloring, to repay you tenfold. Blessings to you for trying to make the life of a feline better. Your deed will not go unrewarded.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

LES, remember waht you wrote: she was too shy to come near you. You did what you could, she did what she was able to do. and in the end, she wasn't alone. Bless you. Enjoy the Bridge, sweet little girl kitty.

Unhappy

That sweet kitty knew that she could depend on you for the help she needed, even though she wasy dying. You gave Kitty love and care that she never had! Sleep softly, sweet Kitty....Hugs to you!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Thanks to everyone for their support. It means a lot to me that others care about Little Girl Kitty.

Little Girl Kitty is buried near my house where other beloved family pets also sleep. I planted some yellow tulips and daffodils on her gravesite. Maybe it's silly crying over a kitty I knew such a short time, but she'll always be in my heart.

Karly

This gave me LES... I am SO glad she came to you and did not have to suffer alone and scared. She came to you because she needed someone to love her, if only briefly and to remember her passing and mourn her. By posting, you have us mourning her also. Her passing did not go un-noticed or forgotten. This memorial to her will be here for the world to see and remember a forgotten angel.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You did a wonderful thing. Because of your kindness, one less kitty died alone. I know that now she is playing @ the RB, feeling very healthy. RIP precious girl!
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Poor little kitty girl.

At least you saved her from dying a slower more painful death.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.