Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George! Pictures added

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

George! Pictures added

If someone were hypothetically considering taking in an all white male kitten, what names would you recommend?
    Last edited by sirrahved; 11-21-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

COTTON
    CLOUD
    or along those lines -
    CIRRUS
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staying with the white theme (which I don't like)... Casper

Shanti (means peace)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Names we have been thinking:
    Onyx
    Shadow
    Midnight
    Blueberry
    Bleu
    Huckleberry

For some reason the black themed names really appeal to me.

I'd say if this "person" does get this white kitty, they should wait until they get it to name it to make sure the name is a good fit.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    I'd say if this "person" does get this white kitty, they should wait until they get it to name it to make sure the name is a good fit.

I agree, waiting to see what this kitten is all about makes sense. What if he is really fast and likes to zoom around. 'Speedy', 'Zipper', Or maybe he'll be extremely curious 'George', or fastidious 'Felix' (Odd couple) or maybe his favorite snack will turn out to be something unusual like mashed potatoes (I have a cat who likes this) and you could name him 'Spuds' or the toy he plays with and sleeps with and absolutely adores might be a stuffed bumblebee and you could name him 'Bumbles' or 'Bug' or he might be extra-ordinarily intelligent 'Albert' or wonderfully heroic 'Azlan'.
    Or... you could just go with Snowball I guess. lol

I have a pure white long haired boy... He's actually deaf, but I named him Blanco, (white in espanol), but has many names... Buddy is the most common, although he cannot hear, I am starting to think that he can read lips or something... It's strange... Other times we call him with a thump or two on the floor...

But for vet records, he is Blanco.

White Star
    Angel
    Ivory Cat
    Missy After My Mothers Dear White Cat Who Lasted The Longest As Being Deaf She Was Never Let Out.
    Mister If The Little Ones A Tom!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

When might the hypothetical all-white kitten become part of the family? I'm thinking Snow or snowy, although I like Cirrus a lot!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I named my black cat Ebony and now a year later I'm sorry I did. It is so common and there are SO many great names which would have told you something about her other than her color; which you can easily see for yourself!

Wait and see what this hypothetical kitty is like once adopted by the hypothetical person.

Having said all that; Cirrus or Spirit are nice.

Shadow? You don't know if this is a shy cat. And sometimes the cat will live up to its name! We named one cat Cuddles; it took a long time due to her history but she is now a love bug! She had been abused, found on the streets pregnant at age 6 months, and spne the next 18 months in a cage at the city pound. When she got here even a bedroom was so enormous to her it scared her. We didn't see her much for the first year. n But she has grown into her name!

Curious George (George for short!) will be joining our furmily in two weeks! (thanks Emerald!)

I first met George when he was still in his Fur Mommy's tummy. We then went to see them when they were three weeks old. The litter is now 5 1/2 weeks old and growing every day! What's more is that they all look like they're going to have at least medium length fur. They're going to be such beautiful cats!

Every name we thought of just didn't seem right. But when Emerald mentioned George we thought it was perfect! Today he was the first kitten to come out and see me. When I took him to the vet I couldn't get him to sit still. He was all over in the car for his first car ride! He watched out the windows, and then even wandered into the back seat. Of course, once he got back there he cried because he was all alone and I had to retrieve him!

His mom's owner's name is George as well... so it couldn't be a better name!

They have a bad URI right now (hence the vet visit!) so I'm going to be forced to drive out to see them twice a day to give them all meds They have a fever and super goopy eyes. Poor things! I couldn't just treat George and not his brothers and sisters, so I asked for enough meds for everyone.

Our camera isn't taking good pictures for some reason. They all come out really blurry. But we've been taking pictures with our camera phone, and we've ordered a cable to be able to send the pictures to the computer. You'll have to wait a week, but I promise, the wait is worth it!

Edited to add: did the FeLV and FIV test... negative

He heee, I just saw your first post and now this!

Welcome George, to PT. And get well quickly!

14. How incredible!!!! As I was scrolling down this thread I was thinking to suggest......George!!!!!

It must be his real name.....

How wonderful! I'm so glad you found a name that suits him. I have a George too. He seems to really like it when we also call him by the spanish version of his name (Senor hor-hey). We roll the rrrrr and he immediately flips over and exposes his belly. A sure sign of happiness! LOL I also find myself saying ridiculous things to him like 'Georgie Pordgie Puddin and Pie'.
    Can't wait to see the pics of your new little guy!