Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zachariah is back....he is NOT a happy camper :(

Zachariah is back....he is NOT a happy camper :(

This poor boy cannot get a break!!! Remember my huge love bug of a foster cat??? Apparently the little girl that he was to be a pet for has developed severe allergies, and after trying all medications available to them (steroid patches and all), they just cannot have her scratching her face raw any more. She's only 4 years old and is devastated. I'm sure Zachy must be as well.

I'm going to call them in a few minutes to see when I should pick him up this weekend. Poor boy... he because some depressed when his first family dumped him, not once, but TWICE, at our shelter. He was so sick, and we thought we were going to lose him to fatty liver disease.

Say some prayers for my big boy to make a peaceful transition back here to his foster home, and hopes that he will not take it too hard and be so unhappy.

Pics of my boy....

Last edited by jennielynn1970; 11-20-2007 at 02:43 AM.

What A Shame That Hes Coming Back In A Way, Although Havinf Such A Big Happy Orange Cat Would Really Be Not All That Much Problem At Our Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

prayers winging out to you, you're not too far from us so hope things will go well, quickly and smooth! you don't need more troubles, anybody of us either.

gentle tumtumrubs to zach for me please, he should get around okay - he was at your house before right? let us know how it's going...

can't wait to meet all of your cats.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Oh poor Zachy, I could not imagine how it would feel to be denied a home twice and given back up. He must be so sad inside. But I"m sure he will remember your place and maybe like it much better back there. Who knows maybe his destiny is to stay at your place

All I hope is that Zachariah gets a great loving home and is happy.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Oh I wish I was closer. He looks so much like my former Twinkie Boo (Katjaye's kitty now). He just makes my heart melt. You're so good to take him back in, where he knows he'll be loved.

Hugs to you, and belly rubs to Zachy.
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Prayers for Zach, getting bounced around isn't fun. But this time he is returning to a place he knows so hoping that will make this easier for him.

I'm sorry to hear this. poor little girl. I give kudos to her parents tho for trying the meds - a lot of parents wouldn't do that. BUT you knowwwwwwwwwwwwww
    he would fit in reallllllllllly well at CATNAPPER'S HOUSE!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Poor guy........ . But at least he will be where he is loved and wanted. I wish I could take him. But he does look like a Catnapper cat!! What a gorgeous guy!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

That is so sad for him... he is going to end up with a anger problem like Boo did for his world being constantly turned upside down. IT is great that they are bringing him back to you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

How could I turn the poor boy down?? His original owners dumped him twice, then he went to a girl who seemed normal, but didn't take care of his URI and asked if she should "put him out of his misery" cause he was so sad. Now this place where the little girls adore him, but the one he is meant for is super allergic to him. Poor guy.

Mom said the girl is hysterical, saying it's her fault he has to leave, and scratches herself even more. She's only 4... poor thing... she doesn't understand that they want her to have relief and not be on steroids all her life.

I'm just hoping he doesn't shut down again when he comes back here. He just takes things so hard. For people who said they don't have emotions, they have never seen a pet grieve for it's family.

I'm gathering my Zachy tomorrow. Hopefully he'll be ok and at least know he's welcome and loved here. While I'm sure CatNapper would love him, I'm not sure how he'd fit in at her place... he's quite a dominant personality!

Poor guy. I am glad thought that he will be back in your loving care. I am sure he will rememebr you and how wonderful he is treated in your home. Prayers coming from me and the girls that he find a permanent furever home soon.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Soothing tummy rubs to Zach...poor little guy! And that poor little girl, who loves him so much! Bless that family for trying everything!

Jenn, I KNOW you will give him lots of love - please give him hugs from me too. Would it do any good for him to have a little something with his 'family's' scent on it for a while?

PT Prayers for a furrever home for Zach, full of all the love in the world!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that he'll remember your home and feel very comfortable there. He sure looks like a big sweetheart. I'm sure that there's the purrfect family out there for him. Good luck.

Well, he's back and he's NOT a happy camper!!! I did let him out to investigate for a bit, but he grumbled at the others, and growled and grumbled at me when I picked him up. I was thinking about how much he's gone though, and he's changed homes 4 times in the past 9 months, so I don't blame him for not being happy. I have him chilling out in the library room by himself for now. Hope he will relax and get back to the sweet boy he really is.

He has lost weight, he's not as full around the belly area as he was before, but he is still a big boy!

Will pass on the tummy rubs and more hugs when he's in a better mood. Please think good thoughts for sweet Zach to get back to his old self and that he doesn't decide to give up and get really sick like he did before.

Oh my... I have a very unhappy boy with me right now. He is not being very friendly toward anyone, and he seems to have picked up right where he left off with picking on the girls (Sophie in general).

I left him out of the library tonight when I got home at 4:30, and he was doing fairly well for about 2 hrs. He wandered some more, sniffed more, investigated here and there. He does so love the floor scratchers and the scratching posts. I even fed them all some canned food at the same time and he meowed at me (he was a talker) while I was dishing it out.

About 30 minutes later, he is feeling a little more spunky and is chasing the heck out of my Sophie. He's cornering her, growling really low and nasty, and she is screaming bloody murder!!! The neighbors probably think I'm killing cats in here!!! I was using a squirt bottle with him earlier when he would get in someone's face, but this time it didn't do much of anything, so I scooped him up (much to his displeasure, he was very vocal about it), and plunked him straight back into the library room to have a time out again.

I just know this is going to end up causing more inappropriate peeing on the girl cats part again. Sophie was an emotional pee-er before, and I'm sure I'll be finding some puddles again. Sigh.

Even Smudge/Mr. Fluffy Butt, who hasn't hissed anyone since he's been here has been hissing at Zachariah and looking very vulnerable. Zach's a big boy, and he's just being very "disruptive" right now. I think I'll have to go hunt down some Rescue Remedy and see if that will help him with his anger issues. Poor guy.. I just want to cuddle him and pet him and tell him it will all be ok, but he acts like he wants to take my arm off!!

I know Nancy Efrusy is out of town and backed up, but maybe I can get my submission in for Zachy (since she worked so well with Ms. Boo and her issues) and try to nip this in the bud if at all possible. Wish me luck!!