Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claude Monet - his art - your opinion?

I like Monet, I think that his works evoke a lot of emotion, much like impressionistic music. I really like that movement. He's not my favorite artist, but Debussy, who is an impressionistic composer is my favorite composer (who interestingly enough was going to be an artist if not a composer).

I love Claude Monet's work more than any other artist of his time. I can't really explain it, but everytime I view one of his brilliant art pieces I just feel I don't know touched inside. His work is what got me into liking art (although I can't draw a straight line to save my life). I like his use of color and serenity in his paintings and how he used feelings as well as sight in his work. To me its like you want to walk right into the paintings when you see them.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Quote Originally Posted by mina'smomma
    I love Claude Monet's work more than any other artist of his time. I can't really explain it, but everytime I view one of his brilliant art pieces I just feel I don't know touched inside. His work is what got me into liking art (although I can't draw a straight line to save my life). I like his use of color and serenity in his paintings and how he used feelings as well as sight in his work. To me its like you want to walk right into the paintings when you see them.
    Have you been to Chicago to the Art Institute? The "Sunday at La Grande Jatte" is HUGE! and fills a wall, and is so different to see in person, rather than a wee small print in a book.

I don't know much about art but I do know that I like looking at it and Monet is one of my favorites. This is a really good thread and I have enjoyed hearing about and seeing other people's favorite artists. I'm going to have to make a trip up to the art museum in Columbus. I love to go there.

I don't think there's any artist I don't like. I enjoy artwork thoroughly, of all kinds.

My favorite artist of all times would have to be Salvador Dali.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Have to chime in.

Years ago there was a HUGE dandelion picture in one of the office in the building I worked in.

It was about 4x6 feet, oil on canvas.

One day, I stopped to look at the texture if the picture and was blown away!

After that I stopped looking at prints and photos of paintings.

To see the real 'art' in painting you have to see how it was done!

------------
    At my job I havbe seen tons of prints in offices and I have always loved Van Gogh.

Ear or no ear.

I always liked Monet though usually, I'm more of a modern art enthusiast.
    I also had a chance to see some Monets up close while working at Artys Transit.