Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porch kitty-I'm stuck!*pic* UPDATE!!!

Porch kitty-I'm stuck!*pic* UPDATE!!!

I got home this morning from work. I've got a terrible cold and just don't feel good. I was taking the dogs out to potty and low and behold there was a lil buff and white kitty hiding between the steps and the door. Nearly stepped on her. I scooped her up and brought her inside. My parents weren't at all thrilled because they are terribly allergic to cats. I checked her over and noticed she is very thin, dehydrated, flea infested, I'm sure worm infested, has a swollen face and a minor cut on her ear. She is a sweetie though.

At the moment she is in a small dog crate in my bedroom. She can't stay there long though! I have to find her a place to go NOW! I called the local no kill shelter. They won't take her because she's sick. I was going to call the shelter in the next town, but they are extreamly high kill and ALL of the cats and kittens there are sick with URI and who knows what else. She's just die there. I'm stuck and don't know what to do! I don't normally take to cats, but this lil girl has tugged my heart strings. If I still have her tomorrow morning I'll take her to work with me and have the vet look at her. At least get her on her way to getting healthy.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know! It's been a while since I've had a rescue kitty.

Oh yeah! and here's a picture of the little cutie. You can see her swollen face and the cut on her ear.
    Last edited by lute; 11-09-2007 at 06:17 PM.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh she is such a cutie. She does have a pretty good cut by her eye, poor thing.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

awwwwe, she's beautiful! Edited because I just noticed that she's got her left front paw folded partway under, she must know she's okay now. What a sweety.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-09-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I wonder if she has an abscess on the left side of her face? Could you get her to a Vet?

Aw, poor little sweetie. Please take her to your vet. She's so young and deserves a good chance. She looks like my little Creamsicle. I'm sad now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    I wonder if she has an abscess on the left side of her face? Could you get her to a Vet?
    I work at a vet clinic and I go in tomorrow morning. She'll be seen by a vet either way, I just need someone to keep her or foster her when she's back from the vet.

She looks like she feels so miserable but even looking miserable, she is beautiful! At least she has a warm safe place and something to eat and drink fot tonight.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aw how cute! You can see how thin she is even in the photo!

Don't worry honey. Warm and safe and food avaiable and tomorrow the white coats will help you to feel even better.

Keep us advised what the vet finds!

awe... that poor thing. she looks like she needs some major TLC. Hope you can help her out, or find a no kill shelter or foster that will be able to.

Poor kitty! She looks so sad, but she one beautiful cat. She deserves a second chance. I hope she feels better after the vet tomorrow!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

AWW!THAT POOR LITTLE CREATURE OF GOD.
    BUT AT LEAST SHE WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO COME TO SOMEONE WHO WORKS WITH A VET AND CAN HELP HER GET BETTER AND FIND A FURREVER HOME.
    TABBYNACLE MY LATEST TRAP AND RETURN SENDS HIS BEST WISHES ESPECIALLY AND WE ADD IN WITH OUR PRAYERS AS WELL.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Update!!!

Wonderful news! After I get back from work tomorrow I have a no-kill rescue friend that is willing to take her until a forever home is found. She will be safe and cared for, but I will still be taking care of the vet bills. It's ok as long as she is in safe hands and out of this cold weather.

OMG! How wonderful! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance! Thank you so much for giving this sweetie a chance!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Porch kitty

Oh wow, I can see why this beautiful little kitty is yanking on your heart strings! She looks so sweet, will definitely be a wonderful companion for some lucky hoomin. Prayers are being prayed for her good health and a life filled with all the love and caring that every kitty deserves.

Thank you and bless you for caring enough to help this kitty have a chance for a great life!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

What a beautiful little baby and so lucky that you found her! Thank you so much for bringing in out of the cold and finding a rescue to take her!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!