Thread: Pomeranian!!!!!

Pomeranian!!!!!

Oh my gosh...I have never seen a fluffier dog then a long haired Pomeranian. They are so cute! Has anyone ever had one?
    Grace and my best, friend, my k9 companion, Finny.

Come see the beautiful dog breed that I love! www.tollerweb.com

My sister and a good friend have pomeranians. Gavin -- my sister's is nicknamed Fluffy. He is one of the prettiest dogs I have ever seen with a big soft ruff and bright, bright eyes. My friend's female is only five pounds -- frankly a little small and odd looking for me but both such sweet lap dogs!

Originally posted by TollSettFK:
    <STRONG>Oh my gosh...I have never seen a fluffier dog then a long haired Pomeranian. They are so cute! Has anyone ever had one?</STRONG>
    I had a Pom for about 13 yrs. as I was growing up. She was very sweet with lots of fluffy hair but, I don't remember her shedding alot. She was good with kids and other dogs but some Pom's aren't. Think that is true with many small breeds as they don't want to be roughly handled are somewhat afraid. I remember one time she got picked up by a hawk! (my uncle and aunt her her loud crying out) So my uncle ran out and shot the shotgun up in the air and the hawk dropped her from the tree. She was only bruised up otherwise fine. Thanks for the memories.

Oh my gosh Sammi - that must have been so terribly frightening for your little pommie.
    I sure would like to get a little Pom some day - but I'm really concerned about barking - arent they really, really yappy - that wouldn't go over too well in my condo. area?

Gavin is a bit yappy. He suffers from separation anxiety. He follows my sister around so close on her heels I sing "Me and My Shadow." He will whine and yap for hours when she leave him in the guest room at our house.

However...he has not been to obedience training and is a bit spoiled. My niece gave him to my sister to keep her company when my niece went off to college. So he fullfills hs role!

The tiny one my friend has does make any noise at all!

Hokie smokes...my sister has 2 of them. We had 3 of them as I was growing up. It was the choice dog for our family. yap yap yap, follow folks around, ugh...Actually they are
    very pretty dogs and my sister swears by them. She just adores her lil ones Ashley & Amber. Of course I swear by Golden Retrievers...go figure...

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have found a throw blanket with a Pom on it have ya??

HA HA HA..ok folks I won't start.

Poms are cute! I don't really like the "show" ones. They're so tiny, you might as well get a Chihuahua or a Yorkie! But I know this one, Howie, who is probably 15 pounds. He is a great little dog!

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Rottie ]