Thread: Prayers for my Grandpa, please *Update: post #18*

Prayers for my Grandpa, please *Update: post #18*

My grandpa has been in the hospital for a few weeks now. We are not sure what is wrong. He has a pinched nerve in his back (can't remember the name - but the most painful one to pinch).

They had him on morphine for the excruciating and debilitating pain, but it wound up backfiring. His kidney's are now failing (although, there has always been minor problems with them) and he has fluid in his lungs.

The doctor's had to bring up resuscitation today.

My parents are leaving tomorrow afternoon, and I am looking after my siblings.

I am having the first "panic" attack I've had in a while. I usually "can't" breathe. I eventually got it under control, and I don't really feel like telling my parents. It's from the stress - a new job, having Jersey here and not knowing if we're keeping her, my grandpa possibly dieing, and now having to take care of my siblings. Family will be helping us out, but still.

We would all be grateful for the smallest prayers you can offer. Last time he was this serious, he had the will to live. This time, he is severely depressed, and it worries me.
    Last edited by BC_MoM; 11-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am sorry about your grandfather, their is nothing worse than pain, I feel for him. I had a pinched nerve in my neck and wanted to just die. I hope they can keep him out of pain without damaging his liver.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts. It's hard losing grandparents. I've lost all of mine now. Let's hope it is not his time and he will recover from this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

I'm so sorry about what your grandfather is dealing with and certainly understand how all this can preciptate a panic attack. Of course I will say a prayer for the both of you.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Jessica. I really hope things are going to be okay for him and your family. (((hugs))) going out to you.

I am so sorry to hear, that must be terrible. I remember when my grandparents where at the hospital i felt so sad i dint even want to visit. Makes me really sad to visit hospitals. I will keep him in my prayers.
    Biscotties, the perfect companion for your latte.
    I love my girls Nena & Lola, there just perfect.

Well, he's no better. Everything is still shutting down. They don't really know what is wrong. Tomorrow he is going to another hospital for some sort of procedure.

My sister and I were supposed to be going down on the 21st just to visit, but now we're going to have to cancel. We might have to go down sooner. We don't know if he has two weeks. Or if he'll make it or not.

I'm really getting tired of life.... Everything's been going so wrong lately.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

He'll be in our prayers, as will you. Take a deep breath, and write down 5 things you want to tell him, that's something you can do from a distance, even if your folks have to relay the list.

Big prayers on the way for both your Grandpa and you. {{hugs}}

I haven't replied but I have been keeping your grandpa in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear things are going any better

(((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

For some reason this thread stops at post #11.

Regardless - prayers for your Grandpa are being offered.

I'm so sorry to hear of this. Life can be very tough and depressing at times. I'm praying that you will have strength to get through these times and realize that there WILL be better ones ahead!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by gini
    For some reason this thread stops at post #11.

Regardless - prayers for your Grandpa are being offered.
    I think she meant post #8 (not 18).
    Jess, I didn't see this post until just now. Prayers going out for you and your grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    I think she meant post #8 (not 18).
    Jess, I didn't see this post until just now. Prayers going out for you and your grandpa.
    Reading back - I am sure you are right. Thanks!

I am just so sorry - it is so difficult to watch the people we love suffer