View Poll Results: Do You Still Have Your Wisdom Teeth??? (Please, only mid/late-teenagers and adults.)

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I have all FOUR and have never had a problem with them.

14 18.92%
  • I have all FOUR, but will need to have them removed in the near future.

5 6.76%
  • Nope! Mine were taken out ____ years ago!!

44 59.46%
  • Other...

11 14.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have Your 'Wisdom Teeth' Still?

I had all 4 of mine removed about 7 years ago! They all were growing in sideways, and the two bottom ones had to be broken into pices for them to get them out. I was in pain for a few days after that!! I looked like a chipmunk!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

2. Don't have them...never did, never will.

My wisdom teeth were aimed sideways at the roots of my other teeth - two at about a 45-degree angle, the others closer to horizontal. They were taken out before they even started to hurt, because my orthodontist said, "Take 'em out now, or wait and redo another couple years of braces, as they will screw up your teeth." So out they came, all 4 at once - they put me under for it - when I was 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    My wisdom teeth were aimed sideways at the roots of my other teeth - two at about a 45-degree angle, the others closer to horizontal. They were taken out before they even started to hurt, because my orthodontist said, "Take 'em out now, or wait and redo another couple years of braces, as they will screw up your teeth." So out they came, all 4 at once - they put me under for it - when I was 18.
    This sounds similar to how my teeth where. They called it "impacted". I got all 4 of them out when I was a sophomore in high school (what are you then..15?), so they didn't even hurt, but if I had let them start to grow in, it really would have screwed up my whole mouth. I got knocked out for the surgery, and they basically had to split open my gums and chip the teeth out piece by piece. I was a chipmunk for about a week, but oddly enough it wasn't so bad. The only thing you really have to worry about is keeping your "holes" clean so as not to develop dry socket, which apparently hurts like nobody's business.

Sorry you're in so much pain, my dear! Good luck with your consultation. I'm sure getting them out will be the best thing to do.

**hugs**

I only had 3 wisdom teeth (it runs in the family...).

I had them out a couple of years ago, at the dentists office, just with novacaine..

First one I had pulled, no problems afterward.

The other 2 I had done at the same time (they were partially impacted). I was in such pain for the 2 weeks after, it was horrible.

but I'm glad it's over with and I'm actually off to the dentist next week for another root canal!!! I can't wait for it though, because I'm in such pain now..
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I have all four, but I picked other because...

My dentist used me as a little bit of a guinea pig to straighten my teeth. He pulled my top 12 year molars. My upper wisdom teeth are where my molars are. I bet even a dentist would assume that they are my 12 years and not my wisdom teeth.

On the bottom I think my wisdom teeth are impacted. They came in on the outside, but not the inside. I imagine they will have to be pulled someday.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Would I be considered a mid teen? Just wanted to make sure before I voted. I'm 15.

I have all four of my wisdom teeth and they seem fine so far.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I have all four of mine. They started coming in about a year ago but stopped. Apparently I'm getting them out sometime in December. I asked the dentist if I HAD to get them removed, like would it harm me in any way to keep them in and she said no, and that I should just get them out becase WHAT IF I have problems down the road. I'm not an advocate for getting surgeries that I don't feel I need, but I feel like I need to get it done while I'm still under my parent's insurance. *shrugs*

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I had all four wisdom teeth by the time I was 18 years old. They never give me any problems whatsoever.

Thanks ~Jessie~

I have all four and have no problems (I am 45). Does this mean I have a BIG mouth?!?!

Ouch! That sounds like a horrible thing to have going on with your teeth.

I had to vote 'Other' in your poll.

Several years ago they did a full mouth x-ray on me which they said I should have been having every 5 years (I didn't know that). Anyways I asked about my wisdom teeth because that gum area in my mouth had been sore. Turns out that I just have very large 'gum pads' (at least that's what I think she called them) and my soreness was from the beef jerky I'd been eating causing some irritation to my gums. The x-rays showed I have no wisdom teeth!! I'd never heard of that before! Anyways they said because I have such wide 'gum pads' even if I had some wisdom teeth in there I probably could just let them come in and not have them removed.

I was VERY relieved to hear I never have to worry about them coming in since there are none. BTW I'm over 30.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I got mine when I was 17 I think...well, I first noticed them then. I think I had them removed around 18. I was SO nervous to have it done. I had heard horror stories lol. It wasn't TOO bad. It hurt a lot for a few days, and you have to flush the holes out after you eat. I found it hard to talk...and my friends came over and kept making me laugh but it hurt lol. It's sorta funny looking back at it

My bro still has all his. And doesn't need them removed

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I had all four of mine out when I was 24. All at the same time,no problems. They were pushing my other teeth forward.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I had all four removed, one at a time every two weeks in the "chair", when I was 16.

One was mildly impacted. I took it to Biology class cause it was kind of neat. Never saw it again...

One of them would come up, disappear below the gums, rise again (never was a full tooth). They are 'residual' teeth as I understand.

So, those of you who never have had wisdom teeth are likely further along in the evolution path!

Excuse me, I have a sudden craving for a banana....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I had all four of mine taken out at the same time when I was 31. They were all impacted. It was the first time I was ever put under general anesthesia. I closed my eyes when I felt like I was getting sleepy, and the oral surgeon started in on me then, even though I was still awake! I remember groaning and trying to tell him I was still awake. That's the last thing I remember until I woke up a little later when it was all done. I am glad I never have to go through that again! I am a total WIMP when it comes to having any dental work done. I had quite a bit of swelling, and quite a bit of pain.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb