Thread: Cat Rescue Shelter in Houston needs help

Cat Rescue Shelter in Houston needs help

For going on 20 years, and really at its' apex now, my parents have devoted innumerable financial resources, countless hours (while losing sleep), and expended and depleted energies toward rescuing, rehabilitating and adopting-out cats (along with a few dogs here and there).

My dad has sacrificed his retirement for this, and my mom has done this while working as a hairdresser, a bus driver's aid, and while and during having had a double masectomy, all concurrently. Their house and furnishings have been ruined in many ways, but all the cats are very healthy, and the place and the cats' quarters are all kept very, very clean. The cats are all vaccinated and spayed/neutered. I estimate the current number of cats at approximately 45.

I wish I had not suffered ill-fortune and betrayal at the hands of others, such that I could intervene and remedy much, if not all of this. I am imploring you, as a reader and friend to cats and those who care for them to please contact anyone you know in the Greater Houston area who could take-on just one more cat. The adoption fees cover only the shots and spay/neutering. There are many very beautiful and loving cats. My parents have done their part. Can you please help in any way?

I've sent your link around, including some people who may be able to help. They'd like to have more info, such as the name of the rescue.

Thanks for your response "critters". I'd prefer to keep the name of the group off-the-record at this point. I have to admit to being a bit selfish in that I want/hope that some of the cats/kittens can be adopted out directly through my mom; however, they will be adopted out under the rescue groups' name. There are some beautiful cats, but truth be told, there are some "regular Joe's" that are healthy and loving/social that I really want to see adopted as they are in the majority. As such, we need adopters for whom the quality and nature of the cat is just as important if not more important than just the appearance. Don't get me wrong, these are healthy and attractive, but they won't be appearing at any cat shows in the near future. There are some very beautiful cats, and I have my favorites (most are the regular "Joe's"). My parents have done their part. We just need some people to adopt one each to make their lives and the cats' life rich and loving. Again thanks for your interest. I am at your service.

My entire family is in the Houston metro area.
    Without the name of a rescue organization, I can tell them nothing.

Give me a little more info to share with them, please.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

There are probably several of us in the Houston area and many of us help to place 'regular joe's (and jane's) every day. However, until we have some kind of contact information no one will be able to help your parents. I did some checking around and there are dozens of rescues out in that area which btw is a good bit north of Houston. We can't just go calling each rescue and asking if they need help.

To me 'regular joes' would mean tabbies, blacks, black and whites, etc. But then you mention something about them not being winners in a cat show. Are some of these cats special needs with things like blindness or missing limbs?

People are willing to help but we can't do anything until we have more information - a name, telephone number, email address.

You keep saying 'your parents have done their part'. Are your parents now elderly or in ill health or have they become overwhelmed? Again, people are willing to help, but we have to have some way of reaching the person who will have information and pictures of the cats. /mari
    Some people have lives, others have cats........

MomMom to the FuzzyButts
    Spirit Cat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees