View Poll Results: What is the best name for my sweet foster boy?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smudge (cause of his smudgy nose)

10 33.33%
  • Marshmallow (cause he's sweet and fluffy like it)

3 10.00%
  • S'Mores (cause he looks like a S'More all gooped up, lol)

4 13.33%
  • Jameson (he looks like an old Irish man)

2 6.67%
  • Macintosh (Mac, my heart kitty, also FIV+, passed away last year, and he was so sweet)

7 23.33%
  • None of the Above (please explain)

5 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name needed for FIV+ Foster, More Pics #30!!!

Name needed for FIV+ Foster, More Pics #30!!!

My sweetheart of a boy needs a name!! I'm just so stuck on what it should be. He answers to almost anything, lol. He's sweet and fluffy, and loving and gives kisses. He's the perfect cat. I want to keep him all to myself, lol.
    I have some ideas, I just am not sure about them.

What does this face look like to you??

Last edited by jennielynn1970; 10-27-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Well, when I read sweet and fluffy the first thing that came to mind was Marshmallow. With his coloring he'd be a little bit of a burnt marshmallow.

He is adorable. The shape of his head and his face remind me of a lion. OH, another name....Leo. Yeah, I guess Marshmallow may be a little feminine for this big guy.

What are your ideas of names for him? If you don't mind sharing.

ETA: LOL I posted this before you put up the poll. So I voted for Marshmallow, but I still suggest Leo as an option too. And I don't know the names of your current kitties, so you may already have a Leo. ??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I voted Smudge on the instructions of someone of that name but I also think that he's so fluffy and rugged-looking that he could be a Yeti!

Love, Columbine

Steve

Morgan

(or MacIntosh with a change...McIntyre? Mull of Kintyre?)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Steve
    Why for "Steve"?

I keep seeing the Wedding Planner, and the Italian guy not being able to pronounce Steve and says "Stiev". LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Morgan

(or MacIntosh with a change...McIntyre? Mull of Kintyre?)
    Captain Morgan maybe.... like the rum, lol!

When I saw the title, I skipped right past the poll to look at his picture first. I didn't want to be influenced by your suggestions.

I recently saw a painting of an old Irishman and OH MY he really does look like the man in that photo! (Minus the pipe in the hand, he he.)

Whatever you call him, he'll also be called HANDSOME!

Chipper still it is! but okay, it's not in the list so I studied him a bit more... Little Map came to my mind (white is water)! I really think that's cute..

I agree marshamallow & two others may bea feminine name for this BIG handsome fella. I do like Mac too but I just don't like to use the same name again, kinda of losing (the deceased one's) speciality you know?

oh, Macho? lol.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Quote Originally Posted by sandragonfly
    Chipper still it is! but okay, it's not in the list so I studied him a bit more... Little Map came to my mind (white is water)! I really think that's cute..

I agree marshamallow & two others may bea feminine name for this BIG handsome fella. I do like Mac too but I just don't like to use the same name again, kinda of losing (the deceased one's) speciality you know?

oh, Macho? lol.
    Well, I like the name Chipper, but there is a Chipper on PT that I think of when I say the name Chipper, and he always looks so happy and content, and this guy looks kind of sad to me. It's something in the eyes. Granted, when he's all purry and making biscuits on the quilt he looks happy, but he looks lost around the eyes.

Map is an interesting thought... or I could name him ATLAS, like the god who carried the world on his shoulders?!

And you're right, Mac was a cat that I loved with all my heart (and still tear up thinking about him), so that name won't work. Sigh...

Macho... that one makes me laugh, because just the other day a kid at school was telling us his dad played ball with Michael Jordan and that his dad's name was Mark Macho (he's a pathological liar, doesn't even bat an eyelash when he lies!!). So, Macho will not work for me, cause I'll think of Gabriel and his 5'7" pro basketball playing father and just laugh too much.

Smudge seems to be getting a lot of votes though. It's a cute name too!

I can't believe how RELAXED he is!!! I have him in my bedroom, and the door is open, and he's totally stretched out under the bed. Calloway and Finae are sleeping on top of the bed. No one has growled yet. No one has hissed yet. No one has made a peep!!! Sophie did peek in the door and then turned around and ran out.... she's my wimpy cat though!

I'm just amazed at how peaceful it is.

uhmmm... Magnum? (because he is a very handsome guy with a moustache like the character Tom Selleck played on "Magnum P.I.")

Dusty? (because another handsome guy with a moustache is Dusty, the character played by Brad Pitt in the movie Ocean's Eleven) ...

What a precious kitty! hughughug
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I love Macintosh! It just has a sort of gentlemanly air about it, and from those pics, he looks a little like a lion with his mane and all (lol), so it seems to suit him. I like your reasons behind the name too, it would be nice to have him has a reminder for a past kitty.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I Would Say Fluffy, But I Guess Thats An Old Cat Name.
    Its Jsut That He Resembles My Dear Old Mr Fluffy In A Lot Of Ways!!!
    If You Pick A Name Could You Please Add Fluffy To It,so Mr Fluffy Has A Protege All His Own Too!
    I Would Add A Photo, But Photobuckets Not On Again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OH I think altas is perfect, alas!! mappy altas hehe.

true, I forgot that chipper also is a word. I was just thinking of "chipped", his nose being 'chipped' or HE is being chipped (abandoned - hard to explain what it means in ASL) but anyway yeah...

well, mac, unless you've had him for very very short time - that would be a different story for me. I thought smudge is a cute name too.

happy deciding!