Thread: Hey, Can I have a Pepsi?

Hey, Can I have a Pepsi?

Tattoo spells out Coca-Cola

A man who has proudly showed off his tattoo for 26 years was baffled to realise it actually spelt Coca-Cola.

Vince Mattingley had his named tattooed on his chest in Chinese writing after asking staff at his favourite restaurant to write his name in Chinese symbols.

But a waiter drew the Coke words - and Vince had it etched on his chest.

Vince only realised the mistake when he recently travelled to Thailand and a barman asked him why he had Coca-Cola written on his chest, reports The Sun.

Vince, of Watford, said: "I thought it was a joke then I found out that's what it said. The restaurant staff must have had a good laugh about it."

He now plans to get another Oriental tattoo to cover up the name. He added: "I'm going to go with something Japanese this time."

------------------------------

1. ALWAYS TIP THE WAITER, GENEROUSLY!

2. Never ask a stranger anything regarding a tattoo.

3. Stick with the Mater Lingua.

4. You'd think that traveling around you would see a freaking Coke ad and say, "THAT LOOKS LIKE MY TATTOO!"

5. Do you wait for the lawyers from Coke to contact you about a copyright infringement?

6. Actually it makes ordering easy, when you go to Thailand! Point at your chest and smile!

7. For 26 years you have been telling people that your tattoo says, Vince Mattingly....I guess Coca Cola beats "I am foolish enough not to check up on what my tattoo actually means before I put it on my skin."

8. His next tattoo? "42. Salmon Sushi Roll" ???

9. It could have been worse? Diet Coca Cola with No Caffeine?

I heard thios one on the radio......

10/21/2007 02:19 AM ID: 65788Girl Learns Her Chinese Tattoo Reads 'Friend from Hell'

UK: 19-year-old Charlene Williams who paid a Dorset tattooist £10 for a Chinese tattoo that she was told said 'mum', has discovered to her horror that the tattoo in reality reads "friend from hell".

Charlene's father had long joked that the tattoo actually said 'chicken chow mein' but the young woman didn't learn the true meaning of the tattoo on her back until a passing Chinese woman read it and started yelling, "evil, evil, very bad."

The tattooist was reportedly unaware that Chinese letters change in meaning when combined. Charlene, who describes herself as shocked and angry over the mixup, has forked out another £40 to cover the unfortunate tattoo with a leaf design

Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

People on the street yell at me that I am evil and I don't have any tattoos.

Chicken Chow Mein and Charlene Williams both have the same number of letters.......It's quite possible.

I'd get some thing stylish like "NO MSG"...Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    People on the street yell at me that I am evil and I don't have any tattoos.

Thats because of the Horns poking out of your head!!

Chicken Chow Mein and Charlene Williams both have the same number of letters.......It's quite possible. LOL!!

I'd get some thing stylish like "NO MSG"...Ya think?
    ROFLMBO!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Haha... That's actually kind of sad. But... Funny nonetheless. Hah.

I have a couple of tattoos, and they are pretty well hidden, although if someone does catch a glimpse of one, and asks what it means, I always make up something different... Just call me creative?

I got lucky!!!

I have my name on my arm in Chinese letters... I got it 10 years ago and have been dreading the day when I finally find out for sure what it really means. The tattoo artist told me it said my name, and thank goodness that was confirmed last month at work. I was at my PT job and a very sweet older Chinese lady saw my tattoo and called me by name... woo hoo... I was elated to find out that the tattoo artist had gotten it right!!!

The horns only show after a haircut.

-----------------

I just thought of something.....Evil spelled backwards is Live....

so looking at your new tattoo in the mirror ain't exactly smart either!
    No wonder....