Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Colorful Knee [8: Graphic Warning] (Update #22)

My Colorful Knee [8: Graphic Warning] (Update #22)

in other thread someone asked how's my leg doing so I thought I'd make this thread; progress of my knee. I am bored enough now to do this ha.

in 12 days it's going to be THREE months since the surgery. I've been on crutches for almost 12 weeks now... just yesterday for first time I only used one crutch on same side of bad knee, it wasn't a good idea I guess. there's 32 stairs; 16 to my home door and 16 inside!

the scarcut, scar area pressure (as hematoma is still visiting), and numbness are bothering me and especially the very top of the knee under cap; sometimes gives me a sharp needle pain when I put pressure on it as getting up from the bed, lifting or bending more than what it can from knee (not hip). so I really don't know if my knee's mending and healing.. (???) it does gets really stiffy during cold nights too sigh.

I might would have to go back to california to have the annoying incision fixed! it's black yes, really black sometimes then it hurts, throbs and heats up burning. my school doctor (few weeks ago) said it was probably by mistaken taking stitches out; incorrect way, pulled the issues. and not a while ago, the fat was blurting out and I never knew thinking it was one biggest fat scab. all the doctor did was pushing it back in, disinfected then covered with gauges of antiboticreams...yucky. I wish he would STITCH it back closed. and physical therapy is the whole another story...

anyway, remember... some pictures; you've been warned. . . .

third day; some cleaning up to do!
    the X you see there, was from a little camrecordscope going inside..

fourth day; goodness, a balloon inside??

sixth day; bruised from the first fall (bended too hard) the night before.

seventh day; it didn't get any better, more painful and fever rocketed up.
    this is first day back at same hospital, they drained out, found infection where bloody gauge is.

they found blood clots few days later (where darkest brusies are).

hematoma then produced ... truly a nuisance - it gets in the way!!

18th day in hospital; second fall the night before.
    luckily I didn't hurt my knee this time but look at the date, it taaakeees forever now.

this is what looks like today....lovely hematoma!
    if you can see the barely (red-purplish) circle around my knee, is where it hurts if I stand alone for more than five minutes.

as I'm typing this, I'm able to bear about 75-80% weight on the bad leg and bend knee up to about 80 degree without support. not to 90 degree yet where I can just sit with my both feet (complete arches) down on floor comfortably. or for too long. it really sucks.

would you please also hope my knee gets better really soon?! sleeping unable to curl up like I used to, jog or WALK normally for so long makes me feel so depressed and frustrated as well as is causing me some hip problems now. I hope there's something I can do about it asap!!
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 11-08-2007 at 01:34 PM.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I don't mean to be negative about this, but I feel you would have been better off if you had stayed in the area where you had the surgery until the knee was completely healed. Either in California, or where you live now.

Driving across the country with a sick knee was not the wisest course of action. If at all possible, you should limit what you do with that knee until it is healed. That means no more flying through the trees.

That's the opinion of a long time RN. I hope you heal quickly and without further complications. Your age is a very positive factor for you.

Wow. It certainly is colorful. And I agree about staying put and not rushing yourself. If you try to rush it getting well, you could do a lot of damage. Then you'd really be in a mess. Just take it one day at a time and get lots of rest. My brother damaged his knee and will be on crutches for probably three months. He's never been out of commission and it's driving him crazy. But, he's taking it easy and getting better. I hope you feel better soon.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

grace, no, and thank you.

first of all, I didn't drive across the country because I know I couldn't.

secondly, I can not heal up where I first recuperated; in abusive home so with no and best choice, I came here.

and third, I could have had everything (blood tests for blood thinners, physical therapy sessions and refills) covered here as being a student but then I got a fracture/back injury and left school in order. now, they can't support me until I go back to school.

the plan didn't worked out as I hoped it would be. believe me, I am taking one thing at a time. I wouldn't even bother to try and take a step down the stairs a foot each; both feet a stair still. again, just that I am not sure if it's on its way to recover. last I understand the surgeon doctor told me I should be on crutches for two months but I guess complications had prolonged the recovery.

the annoying bothersome scar doesn't look right to me anyway.

Gina, I have not had any knee surgeries, but have had plenty of others.
    Please rest your knee and take care of yourself.

My prayers are going up that it starts healing faster and that you are able to do more each day.

Sending hugs and prayers,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

first of all, I didn't drive across the country because I know I couldn't.
    I apologize for being mixed up about this. You did cross the country in a car though - with your critters, and someone else driving? That's a long trip for a healthy leg!

The one thing you did that really concerned me was this - the rope course.

Considering that was just 2 weeks after your 2nd surgery - it was rather reckless, don't you think?

You need to take care, Gina, or you could do serious damage to that leg.

Having been through too many surgeries myself, I know it's hard to not automaticaly do stuff. Being an active person, not being able to do stuff, was torture. Luckily my surgeries allowed me to walk which really helped my recovery, much to my doctor's delight!! Are you going to physical therapy Gina?? It can be painful but helpful in the long run. Make sure you elevate your leg. Are you allowed to put an ice back on it to keep the swelling down? Anyway.. hope you feel better day by day.

I've been Boooo'd!

well, it was almost only two days driving. we drove all way without stopping at a place.

rope course, yes, a risk - I really wanted to do something I know I wouldn't for in a while! but the second surgery was much a minor than the first one and I thought my knee was getting better at that time (a month ago now). I was required to partipicate anyway and nothing happened.

k9karen, that is the problem. haven't been to physical therapist since I left california. oh yes, it is painful but I know I NEED it so badly - it really concerns me and eats me up. I only can do the techiques my physical therapist last taught me - that's all I am covered of. I would have left (to fly to california) already but I am really stuck with all of my animals here. so, again, I really don't know what to do about that. I hurt it last time defending myself and I guess all I can do for now is to pray and hope it IS okay.

thank you dear scooter's mom.

Gina, we are so glad you are on the mend in a happy, safe home. We're all praying and sending healing vibes and good energies that you will be back on your feet properly very soon!

Meanwhile, take good care of yourself, Gina! And let your canine and feline buddies give you the tender loving care that you need.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gina, you're right, it is a very colorful knee. Take good care.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I agree with you, Elyse. Colorful for sure. You have really had a rough time, Gina. Hopefully it will heal now and you can return to a life of everything the way it was before the surgery. You could really benefit from physical therapy too. I hope it's possible to get some soon so you can help your recovery.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Gina, I know you are just getting reorganized and feeding little peanuts and suggies and all , but since you are now not working, would you now qualify for Medicaid? Even just for physio?

Just a thought.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

no catty, I'm NOT eligibled for it. we've went through everything until that last choice.

thank you everyone but to be honest, I over again and again thinking of to just leave rather than figuring things out around here.

regardless of all things I tried (charged the guy, saved the house, accepted the new additions, and talking with friends), I have no life right now. not for next few months or until my knee gets out of the way; is usable. remember, I nearly had to lose my leg.

I am dragged right now. to no point.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...ctive%26sa%3DG

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?...&return_link=0

Gina, I don't know if those will do much good...of course, it says these are to be done with a physio's supervision only.

I wonder if there is a physio SCHOOL in your area where senior students do supervised training? Might work....

Prayers out to you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

THANK YOU candace. I was about to lose all of my hairs here. I'll want to check that out, might have one here... at least there's a hope. doc attatchments, am stuck here without a computer until tomorrow.

looks like the second link would help a lot until so if I could do the exercises - it's hard to find a good site on this little pager. however, second big problem? refills. sometimes either I couldn't move my knee or even leg at all without pain killers (more than before now). I was told from my last physical therapist that I am suppose to take some before I start new exercises. see the figure of supine exercise in that link? that was the last techique I learned and if I made that one move - I'd be in tears. I haven't made to that point yet, and it's only 10 ups!

again, I don't know if it is healing (good) or damaging (bad) to continue, pushing doing painful exercises (due to damages?) until my knee can't take it anymore; when to stop? so far I never am able to finish a set (of few exercises out of two or three time a day). with killers, I move through... I called my original doctor weeks ago, explained all of this and he won't write me another refill prescription unless I come in and see him.

honestly it's all about money and I'm sick of it.
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 10-21-2007 at 08:33 PM.