Thread: Boo Hoo! My favorite pet store is closing

Boo Hoo! My favorite pet store is closing

I stopped by SuperPetz today to pick up some of Ripley's special diet food and there was a sign on the door that said Closing Oct. 19. They said since PetsMart opened so close a couple years ago it's killed their business. I'm so sad. That store had the best deals. They always had toys and neat items marked down and they ran good sale prices on food.

It's also special to me because that is where I adopted Jazz and later Scout from a rescue who ran an adoption center in the store.

While I was there today I picked up several little cat toys marked down and a bargain hooded litter box for $5. They really didn't have a going out of business sale except all the fish and hamsters were 50% off.

Now the closest store to me is in Nashville about 3 hours away.

From Decker with Love

Geez...people these days seem to want everything bigger, faster and cheaper.

Is it any wonder that there is so much addiction in society - it's all based on 'instant gratification'.

I don't know if it is PetSmart that is 3 hours away...but I'd be writing the management and saying "Thank you very much - NOT!"

We just elected a new mayor and council here yesterday...and that increases our hopes of keeping our town with a good feeling - which means NO WalMart.

It's too bad they couldn't open in a smaller place.

hugs
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

No, PetsMart is about 4 miles from my house. The store that is closing has another location 3 hours away. I guess if I ever get out that way I'll make a point to stop and shop. I sure am going to miss that store with all their unique pet stuff.

Good luck with keeping Walmart out. Walmart and Circuit City are what ultimately made my parents have to close down their little hometown appliance/electronics store. It was time for them to retire but they had hoped to sell the business instead of just shutting down because they were forced out.

From Decker with Love

Actually i kind of like Circut City. It seems to me as my electronics "Toy store". WalMart just stinks...literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Actually i kind of like Circut City. It seems to me as my electronics "Toy store". WalMart just stinks...literally.
    Don't get me wrong, I shop at Circuit City now but back in the late 80s when they were putting my parents out of business along with Walmart it was almost a sin to shop there.

From Decker with Love