Thread: HELP & ADVICE NEEDED! My SISTERS CAT! *UPDATE*

HELP & ADVICE NEEDED! My SISTERS CAT! *UPDATE*

Hi All,

My sister's cat Mable fell about a month and half ago and she fell from a 6 feet high bookcase. My sister was in the room when she fell and Mable was crying in pain. My sister took her to an emergency vet 30 mins. away because she lives in the sticks and the vet tried to get an xray of Mable but Mable hates to be handled and she was in pain so the vet didn't want to put more stress on the cat. They did manage to get an xray but they didn't really see anything, they said if Mable continues to be in pain to call back and they would have sedate her to xray her better.

So anyway, the vet gave my sister some meds for Mable and after a couple of days Mable was fine. She was still a little sensitive towards her butt but nothing too major. Well and just last night she called me and said Mable is acting weird again. By weird I mean hiss when my sister touched her back end and crouching real low to the ground.

So here is my question. My sister doesn't have any more pain meds left for Mable and she wanted to know if there was anything over the counter that she could give Mable?

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 10-14-2007 at 06:43 AM.

Sounds like another vet visit is needed.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Sounds like she might've injured either one of her legs or perhaps her tailbone. In any case, please get her back to the vet and have them sedate her for a better look. That poor kitty.

My 15 year old tortie Mollie Rose fell out of my living room window last Spring. She walked in the door with the "What?? I TOLD you I could fly!" look on her face. Fortunately, she didn't have a scratch on her.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yeah she is planning another vet appt. but right now she wants to make her comfortable till she can get her into the vets here next week.

I'd be afraid to give her anything over the counter. If you can't get her in to a vet right away, ask them if you can at least pick up some more pain meds until her appt.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I agree, phone the vet and ask for advice on what to do til the appointment (and go on a cancellation list).

Did your sister notice any swelling at all in Mable's sensitive area?

PT Prayers that Mable is feeling better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The only problem is my sister is a PA and she can't leave her office right now because she sees patients all day long and just called me to see if I can find out this information.

She works 25 minutes from her house and she won't be able to contact that vet that is an additional 30 minutes from her house to pick up pain meds.

We were looking for something to give Mable over the counter till my sister can get her into the vets or just to help her for right now.

PLEASE do not give Mable anything OTC!!! Call the vet and see what they suggest...
    Nine is Fine!!

Just got off the phone with one of my vets and there's nothing over the counter that we can give Mable.

I'm pretty sure my sister will be bringing Mable up here to go to the vets.

The only problem is Mable does not ride well in the car and makes herself sick everytime she does ride in the car. But we'll see. thanks for the suggestions.

I Know What You Mean About Car Rides As Joseph Was Not Only Sick At His Last Two Visits , But Messed Himself Too.
    We Are Praying That Mable Will Be All Right, And That This Is Nothing Serious.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sparke gets car sick as well. Feliway helps her a lot, just make sure you follow the directions and wait the full 20 minutes!

Prayers for Mable, let us know what news!

Well yesterday morning I got a call from my mom saying my sister was taking Mable to an emergency vets.

So I called my sister to find out what was happening to Mable and she said she noticed Mable licking at her butt like crazy and thought she saw some blood near her butt so she looked closely and here next to her anal was an abscess. So my sister was taking her to an emergency vet because the local vet was double booked and couldn't see her.

So my sister got her to the vets and she told me she could hear Mable screaming in the back room because they had to clean out the abscess. She's on meds for the next 10 days and Mable will be coming up her when she comes to my parents house this Tuesday.

Well I'll make sure I post some pictures of her.

Melissa

Aw poor little girl, that's so painful! Lots of prayers going out for Mabel's healing....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I wondered if she had an abcess...poor baby! I expect she is on some strong antibiotics...I hope she is feeling better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awe... poor Mabel. I'm glad it wasn't something like a fracture to the leg or spinal injury that they didn't notice before though.

Big hugs to Mabel.